Chapter 1: Robert Cavalli

So where to begin? When I listened to the old Ultravox song "Vienna" this morning, it meant everything to me, and so I shared it:

"We walked in the cold air
Freezing breath on a window pane
Lying and waiting
A man in the dark in a picture frame
So mystic and soulful
A voice reaching out in a piercing cry
It stays with you until

The feeling has gone, only you and I
It means nothing to me
This means nothing to me
Oh, Vienna

The music is weaving
Haunting notes, pizzicato strings
The rhythm is calling
Alone in the night as the daylight brings
A cool, empty silence
The warmth of your hand and a cold grey sky
It fades to the distance

The image has gone, only you and I
It means nothing to me
This means nothing to me
Oh, Vienna

This means nothing to me
Oh, Vienna"

This one's for the lovers out there, guys like Robert Cavalli who uplifted me on his run in the gardens of Florence today (I hope a lot of my friends here have seen his InstaStory - if not, take your chance as long as it's up, and watch his joyful call "Firenze" at the end!), maybe the same gardens I saw in Maria Sole Cecchi's story two days ago. O Firenze, o bella Italia, o beautiful world! Let's celebrate 'cause we're in it together, and this planet embraces us as much as we embrace the planet.

When I think of Robert, these words are the first that come to my mind: Heartfelt, uplifting and absolutely honest, a passionate guy full of creativity and love. I don't know if he's always been this way, but I assume Robert's always been characterized by this crazy little thing called love, something that's so overwhelming and so hard to describe, invisible and oh so precious, fragile but mighty like a storm. There's something in his eyes, his smile, and this something resonates in his fashion, his art as much as in his way of life: It's so inspiring!

So when I start it's always at the beginning of an account, scrolling straight to the bottom, and what do I see? Is it a reflection of you, or is it just a reflection of me?
We started our Instagram accounts in the same year, bro, I'm not surprised. But did I expect to see those beautiful birds in the first shot?
Not so sure what I did expect, but you did no selfie, and that's so about you. Not obsessed with self love but much more so with love in itself, and that's how you grow - well, how you grew up from boy to man over the course of these almost eight years from November 2012 to now. I'm proud to get to know you!

Photo belongs to robertcavalli (Instagram)