6. Night Hallway Patrol

When Marilyn had a night hallways shift she always walked with Tom. She was too scared to walk alone. It has been a month since the things happened. Marilyn locked it up inside her. Although Tom would not admit it, he watched out for her more than he should. The two of them walked true the hallways in silence. "Tom?" She said and he hummed for her to go on.

"Why did you help me?" She asked as they took a turn. "I am not letting anyone away with doing things like that"... lie... he did let it go once but after what happened to her he would never do that again. "Thank you," She said in almost a whisper. The two of them acted like they never either woke up cuddling into each other. Marilyn still had the button-up shirt, she sometimes used it to sleep in, it was comfortable for her.

He did not answer her just shrugged like it was no big deal. Merlin, who knows how far the Gryfindor boy would go if not Tom. She was thankful that Tom saved her, that he let her cry without getting mad at her. That he let her show weakness even if he did not like it. She was thankful for him being there.

Marilyn yawned and leaned against a wall. Tom stopped walking too. "We have one more hour," He said as he looked down at his watch. The girl nodded and looked at the boy. He was very handsome, she would not lie, he was. "Anyways, what is the problem with muggle-borns and half-bloods?" The girl asked as she eyes the boy. She did not find a problem with it. The boy walked closer to her.

"You always say things like you want to be slammed against a wall," Tom said with a smirk. The girl blushed. Yes, past few weeks Tom been pushing her against walls but more gently than before. Her back did not bleed after it. "Why would I?" Said the girl teasingly and started walking. The boy caught up quickly and mumbled something under his breath that the girl could not hear.

"What was that?" She said and the boy looked at her. "Nothing," He said and the girl laughed as she nodded trying to be sarcastic. "Sure," She said and walked to the perfect room. When they reached the room they changed the sift. Tom and Marilyn started walked to the Slytherin common room. They walked in to see a party in there. A lot of people in the common room somewhere drinking somewhere not. I looked at Tom who rolled his eyes.

"To beds people!" He said loudly and everyone stopped talking. They quickly got everything together and walked to their rooms. The girl beside him laughed as she watched the people mumble thing in irritation and walk off to sleep. Tom looked at her and raised an eyebrow.

"You too, miss," He said as he crossed his arms. "What if I said no?" The girl said with a smirk. Tom smirked too and walked closer to her. None of them would admit it, but they were flirting a lot when they were alone. He trapped the girl between his arms. He leaned to her ear. "Do you really wanna know Sweetheart?" He whispered in her ear and let himself stay there. His cold breath meeting Marilyn skin every time. She nodded with less confidence than before.

He chuckled and let her go. He picked her up bridal style and went out of the common room into the hallway. The girl laughed as he did so. He sprinted beside the same wall and finally, the door appeared. He went in and saw two beds. "You know what I would do? Put you to sleep" He said as he threw her small body on the kind sized bed. The girl laughed and the boy was smiling at her.

"Dumbass," She said as she smiled at him. "What, do you want me to do something else?" Tom said as he took off his shoes. He could feel the smirk on his face. She flushed and lied down. She saw a closet and walked to it. She took a shirt out. Everything was too big for her. She took her shoes off beside the bed. She proceeded to take her shirt off as she did not really care because Tom changed her shirt before. She took the shirt on. She saw Tom staring. "I think you want to do something else," She said as she smirked at the boy. She took her pants off and her bra from under the shirt. She lied down and covered herself.

"Good night, Tom," She said and closed her eyes. "Good night, Sweetheart," Tom said before laying down in his bed and going to sleep himself. Tom was the first to wake up. He woke up and changed clothes. He looked at the sleeping girl and laughed slightly as her hair was a mess and her mouth was slightly open.

He took the book on the table in front of the sofa and started reading it till the girl would wake up. "Good morning" Tom heard on his right side. He looked at the girl. "Good morning sunshine," He said with a smirk. "Slept well?" He asked. The girl nodded as she rubbed her eye. She stood up and walked beside him. "What are you reading?" She asked as she sat down. "Potion book," Tom said and handed the book to the girl.

She hummed and gave it back. She leaned her head on Tom's shoulder as she was still very much tried. "What day is it?" She asked Tom. He was looking at her. "Sunday... no school today" He said and the girl hummed again. She walked back to the bed. Tom watched the girl as she lied down and cuddled up to a pillow. "I will sleep a little longer okay?" She said in a sleepy voice which made Tom smile. He hummed like her and she threw a pillow at him that she was not using. He just laughed as the pillow did not even reach him halfway.