Chapter 6

Imani stares at the bag full of clothes from Fallas, more than half the fabrics are what her grandma brought her, which she felt thankful yet scared too. 

...

It was when she caught a glance at the register when the cashier held up a black blouse with puffed-out rainbow-colored sleeves that sparkled enough to make you wanna vomit.

----------------

Her horror stuck expression was all that her family saw, driving back home and her grandma's twinkling eyes, humming a made-up tune. The taxi driver, looked up at the mirror foreseeing, over the backseat area of the vehicle, Imani sat there, not functioning with dreadful eyes staring at the bunched-up orange bags filled with clothes and a cheap barbie doll.

Janet glance back at her and then the passing blurs of buildings, swimming by like a mixture of colorful paint, this happens a lot during the entire ride back.

Page was fast asleep on top of Boze's lap, her battle of persistence finally ending in her victory, her hands clutched the plastic bag with the doll inside. She definitely wasn't letting that go until we got to the house.

Boze watched the many fast-food restaurants go by with drool dripping down her chin, that child could eat a building and still be hungry afterward. The taxi enters the neighborhood, much to Boze's displeasure, we exit the car when the vehicle pulls into the driveway of grandma's home.

She snatches her grandma's laptop as soon as she came through the door, with permission of course, and went on a k-pop research journey that lasts more than five hours, and the group that left quite an impression on her was Big Bang.

It wasn't their looks alone that caught my attention they carried themselves with lots of swaggers that went with emotional songs, that I've heard. The song 'Lies' brought them great success and the song established themselves in the K-pop community because, after that hit, more hits followed pushing their career to new heights.

Shinee was also a group that grasped her attention, she may or may not already has a crush on one of them, and refuses to tell despite her grandma's pestering.

"You could date one of these men and marry someone, one day," Grandma said with a tease, with eyes full of amusement. "If you even pass the audition."

She frowned, ignoring her, there was only one month to prepare for the audition. She can't waste her time thinking about which guy she was gonna end up marrying. No, no, she can't no matter what her grandma says otherwise. And looking at the hard-hitting choreography, and the belts of trained high notes. She had a long way to go, first, she only did two years in dance class, second, she could sing, third, no personality on stage nor in real life. So she'll really have to hustle it all in several weeks' time. No pressure...Right?

She wanted to curl up in her closet and cry herself to sleep, her inner self moaning about all the sleep, binge-watching, and eating she'll have to miss. You're probably wondering, why eating? why would she miss eating? Well, judging by how thin female bodies are, no more eating food past dinner time. She wanted to be the best version of herself.

Imani groans, running her hands down her face, she had no idea what song is suitable for her voice. She knows she can't do a Korean song because she doesn't know the language. An English song it is, and she knows just the song to do it. 

Fallin' by Alicia Keys, she sang this song at a talent show at her elementary school once, though she barely received any applause for her meager singing at the time. Thus, making her the laughing stock of her year and below, since then she's been working on her singing skills.