Chapter 2: a new guest

Kate threw the school bag in the corner and opened her bedroom door.
A young German Shepard run to her barking and wagging tail, happy.
- Hi, Magic! - said the girl, petting the dog's head. She took the golden necklace with a red stone he was wearing as a collar and put it on the wrist. Thanks to the Friendship Heart, gave her from the princess, she was able to understand animals language.
- I missed you, Katie! - barked Magic, licking her hands.
- I missed you too, puppy.
- How was school?
Kate wishpered and set on the bed.
- Not so good. The test I did last week wasn't as good as I thought...
- Oh no! Did you take a bad mark?
- Not so bad, but teacher wasn't happy.
- Did dad get angry?
- A bit, but it's fine. Anyway, did you get bored?
- No: Wallace came back to visit us, and dad gave him some food.
Wallace, the stray dog who helped them to save Ava, decided to come back to his free life, but he often visited his friends.
Kate's parents used to give him food and letting him sleep with Magic.
The gray dog always came back with new stories to tell, stories from stray dogs and news about humans.
- Wallace? How is he?
- He's good. He told me something very interesting!
- What?
Magic stopped smiling and became serious:
- The Petbuster lost his most precious pet. Stray cats tell she ran away from the cage, helped by a crow.
Both of them knew who was the pet: Eva, Ava's evil twin sister. Petbuster caught her after she tried to catch the Friendship Heart during Kate and Magic's Cerimony.
- Did Eva run away?! But... how?! - asked Kate, shocked.
- This is the most creepy deed: she put house in fire.
- What????
- Luckily, there weren't other pets in there. Even the Petbuster is safe, but Eva escaped.
- This means we must be careful: she will came here to take the Friendship heart.
- You're right. But.... I mean.... she's dangerous.
- No, she's alone in the Big City: in Pocketville she could count on Gort and Zull help, but here....
- What about Krakia? I'm sure the crow was her!
- A bird isn't a big and ugly dog. - laughed Kate - don't you worry, my sweet puppy, we're safe.
- Kate! - called Peter - Mum's here!-
- I'm coming, dad! Let's go, Magic! - Kate stood up, smiling, and then she ran downstairs.
Since the princess came back to Pocketville and her mum moved on the Big City, Kate couldn't be more happy: now she could live a normal life, as a normal girl with a normal family and a normal doggie.
- Mum! -
- Hi, sweetie! - mum was walking into the living room when Katie jumped between her arms.
- How was work, honey? - asked Peter, kissing his wife.
- Fine, thanks! - answered the woman- Anyway, I have a surprise for you! -
- A surprise? - repeated Kate.
Magic set near the girl, hoping for some biscuits from mum.
She took from behind the door a small animal carrier.
- A workfellow of mine found her injured on a road. She couldn't keep her, so I thought this family could become bigger!
Kate opened her eyes wide, happy.
- What is that, mum?
The blond woman closed the door and set near the carrier, opening it slowly.
- Hey, kitty, come over! Don't be afraid!
Magic smelt the air and stood up, growling.
A gray-siamese cat with blue eyes walked over slowly, uncertain.
Kate's smile disappeared.
Magic barked.
- You....
Eva, the cat who caused her so much trouble, Ava's evil sister, looked at the girl and raised hairs, aggressive.
- Oh my God, what a beautiful cat! - said Peter, sitting on knees - Hi, sweetie! Kate, look at her eyes!
- She's pretty, isn't she? I've never seen a cat like this! - mum pet Eva's back.
The cat and the girl didn't stop looking each other.
Magic growled louder, and Peter gently hit his button.
- Magic! Be kind with your new sister!
- Sister?! - shouted Eva - Shut up, human!
- But mum! - Kate looked at the mother - We can't keep this cat here!
- Why not?
- It's just... we already have a dog! A cat is too much!
- Don't worry, cats are more indipendent... dad and I will help.
- Look: Magic doesn't like her!
- He needs to know her. It's normal for dog: they're territorial. I'm sure they will become friends soon!
Kate didn't know what to say: she'd love to have a cat, but Eva was the last thing she needed.
- But...
- What's the matter, sweetheart?
Kate looked at the bandages on Eva's paw.
- Why is she injured?
- My workfellow said she has fire burns. Vet did his best to cure her and soon she will be able to use this paw again!
- Fire burns?
- I'm sure it's some stupid kids' fault: this is not the first time those idiots hurt an innocent animal. - mumbled Peter.
- Don't worry, kitty, you're safe now! -
- Mum, today I took a bad mark, I don't deserve this prize! - shouted Kate: she didn't know what else to say.
- Oh, Kate, what happened? You did study!
- Well...
- But mum and dad deserve a prize! Aren't they the best parents ever? - laughed Peter - I like this little girl.
- But dad...
- You little witch, shut up! - shouted Eva- I need to stay here! Mind your business!
Kate looked the cat, angry.
- Let's just take the afternoon to think, okay honey? - said mum.
- Okay...
Kate stood up and walked to the stairs, followed by Magic.
- I'm going to study.
The two friends entered into Kate's bedroom and closed the door.
- Fine! - shouted Kate, kicking her schoolbag, furious - between all the stray cats in the city, did they have to find those one?!
- We need to convince your parents to bring her away!
- Yes, we must! - the girl set on the bed and take the head with hands - Such an horrible day!-
Magic jumped near her, touching her cheek with nose.
- Don't be sad, Katie... we will fix it!
- But how? What will I say when Ava will ask? I kicked her injured sister out of home?
- She would say you to do it: she knows what her sister did!
- You know what, Magic? Doing this without asking Ava is not fair. We must tell her.
- Well... you're right. Let's go...
The girl took her puppy paw and pet his ears.
- My puppy and I together forever, that's all I want.
- Katie and I together forever, that's all I want!

_______________________________________

Hi everyone!
This is the second chapter of the fanfiction.
I hope there's any error: I'm not english and I try my best.
If you enjoy this story, you can leave a comment!
For more, this is my Puppy In My Pocket fanpage on Instagram: @ pocket.kingdom.
Thank you for reading!