Chapter 12: help

- The Friendship Heart isn’t the only magic diamond which exists on Earth, thanks to Kate. – was telling princess Ava, taking a big book from the Pocketpedia shelf.

After the last creepy quote, Royal Guards followed her to her room, where now they were gazing Ava’s chocolate paws flipping through the pages.

- What do you mean? – asked Magic, confused.
- Centuries ago, Pocket Kingdom made a deal with humans. You see, this Kingdom can exist thanks to a magic balance between the two dimensions: this means there must be a magic diamond on humans’ world too to make Birth Cerimony possible.
- An other diamond? I had no idea! – exclaimed Kate, surprised.
- Indeed, it’s a secret between Pocketville Royal Family and an human dinasty. No one else can know this, in order to avoid any problem. The diamond we’re talking about is called Friendship Breath.
- Oh yes! You told me about that. – said William.
- Uh? – others looked confused.
- Exist four diamonds – explained Ava – The Friendship Heart, the Friendship Ocean, the Friendship Breath, which is the one Petbuster stole, and the Friendship Limph. If someone gets all of those jewels, could be able to evocate a very powerful one, done by dark magic. There aren’t trustable sources about this, but it would be very dangerous.

- The question is… how can the PetBuster know about the Friendship Heart?
- I don’t know, but we can’t exclude the possibility that he also knows about the fifth diamond.
- Do you think… he wants to evocate it?
- It’s possible. – Ava pointed on a page of the book. There were four heart-shaped diamonds, drawn by watercolors: everyone recognized the Ocean and the Heart. Near them there were a violet one, much less detailed, and a green one. The page was full of clipboards and notes.

- What do we do? – asked Mela.
- The only thing we can do is finding the Friendship Limph, before the Petbuster do it. But the most important thing is to not broke the balance: Kate, Magic, you must come back to the Big City: if Earth stays without a magic source for too long, Pocket Kingdom will be destroyed. Do not come back until we’ll fix this disaster, then I’ll find the way to contact you.
- Sure, princess. – Kate understood how situation was serious: Ava looked really concerned – Let’s go, Magic.

The princess and the Royal Guards waited they said the spell to dematerialise and reach the Big City, then William stood up.
- We must hurry up. We can’t protect the princess, look for the diamond and hunt the human down in the same time: we need backup.
- Where do we find them? – questioned Danny.
- Call Pocketville Army: I want them on the trail of the PetBuster. Winged Guards will inspect all the places where he could be hidden. We will do our best to protect the princess and find informations about the Friendship Limph, with some soldiers’ help.
- Yes. – Balloon stood up and run out of the room.
- I’m calling the eagles. – Danny followed her, limping.
- Well… you know Army isn’t numerous, right? I’m not sure there are enough soldiers to search the whole kingdom and help us in the same time. – asked Mela, shy.

Indeed, the volunteer army of Pocketville couldn’t count on more than less of an hundred animals, since the pacifist Kingdom never needed a special security.

- Yes, you’re right, but I have an idea. Who else could give us trained and strong animals?
- Are you talking about Steel Wool? – Mela smiled surprise.
- Yea! He will be glad to help us.
- So, let’s go to the Training Camp! – the calico kitty ran outside, cheerful.

- Are you remaining here with Danny and Balloon? – asked William to Ava.
- Yes, I have no intentions at all to go outside by myself. I’ll look for more informations about the diamonds.
- Are you alright? – gentily asked William, apprehensive.
- I should be the one who asks the same to you.
- I am. Are you?
- Yes. – Ava looked away from his eyes, closing the book under her paws.