Chapter 23

When I got out the shower I put on some pajama capris, a t-shirt and I put my hair in a satin cap. Look sexy for what? I'm tired of dressing like a h*e, being a h*e, the sh*t ain't worth it really.

"I'm out", I said going in the living room to see Dex on the floor eating popcorn and watching a movie.

"Come watch this movie with me"

"Okay hold on", I went and got an extra blanket and I went in the living room.

I sat next to him and we got under the covers watching Norbit. This movie is so old but it's still so funny.

"Dex we've been knowing each other for what 3 weeks and we only know each other's names?"

"Yeah, I figured when you were ready to talk to me you would"

"Okay, then can I ask you anything and you'll be 100% honest?"

"I will"

"Okay what's your full name?"

"Dexton De'Marjay Hall. What's yours?"

"Alondra Maria Jackson. What do you do for a living?"

"I make residential homes, sell them. I'm a handy man, and I own businesses"

"At 19 years old?"

"Yeah, I stayed on my grind so I skipped like 2 grades and I graduated college early to start everything. College was really an option for me since I already had everything, my dad made sure I did everything I had to. What about you, what do you do?"

"I work at a hair salon, I think I want my license so I can really have my own chair"

"Well you definitely can. So how'd you end up taking care of two girls and your brother"

"Pssshhh that's a real long story", just then it thundered and all the electricity went off.

"Well looks like all we have is time"

"Okay, well long story short my dad's in jail, he used to be my pimp so I was a prostitute. My mom is in rehab because of the drugs my dad put her on and she's getting better. My brother was taken away by CPS when he was 3 and we just got back together again. I was with a guy I thought I was going to be with and eventually carry his child but he was so much older than me he was ready for a family and I wasn't and he was always disrespecting me so I left. I was in my car at the park when I seen Lisa running and screaming from some people shooting, I told her to get in the car and she told me she ran away so I took her under my arm. Then I brought lunch for Lisa when I met Yana and she was living under a bridge"

"D*mn, you have a good heart. Better than people who don't go through sh*t but whatever doesn't kill you make you stronger"

"Yeah and I feel like the world's strongest woman sometimes but I'm happy I can look back at some things and say I made it through that"

"Yeah and it's more moments for you to say that"

"I hope so, so what about you? What's your story?"

"I mean I don't have much of one. My mom had Leukemia all when I was in school but she was always there for me in everything I did and even when she wasn't physically there I knew her heart was. She beat it a few years back and I promised myself that she would never have to worry about nothing, partly why I grind like I do. My dad's a good man, he showed me how to be a man and they made sure everything I needed, I had and everything I wanted, I worked for. I'm the only child and ain't much about me I'm just cool, laid back and chill"

"You really are and I like that. You know your voice has never changed, like whenever I see you your voice is like tha same, it doesn't get higher or lower"