And I wonder (if you wonder about me)

This one-shot is a rewrite of a scene from a show called Skam España. If you haven't heard of it, I would 10/10 recommend it! If you wanna know which scene I have rewritten, it's Perdonamé. Thanks for reading :)  (All rights go to Skam España for the dialogue I used!)

P.S. In this fic, Shelby and Puck are not having an affair, Puck and Quinn have been together since season two and see Beth regularly.

"Can you forgive me?" 

Quinn's eyes pierced onto hers. Her short, blonde hair was ruffled and her smile looked somber. It had only been a month since Shelby had convinced her that her new punk style wasn't fooling anyone, and that the pink dye in her hair was only pushing people away. Rachel doubted Quinn cared about any of these people she was leaving behind, and even more if those people even cared about Quinn. She was the most popular girl in school, boys would beg for her on their knees, but deep down, Quinn just wanted to be loved for who she was. And she was not the person her friends saw. She was only the person Rachel saw. But when the older woman had threatened to take Beth, the one thing Quinn was living for, away from her, she cracked, like Rachel knew she would. 

She looks kind of small. The brunette closed her eyes. The sound of birds chirping around her filled her ears and it kind of made her mad. Why are they so happy?  She let out a breath she didn't even know she was holding in and finally met the other girl's eyes. 

"What do I have to forgive you for, exactly? Because I don't know."

Quinn looked pained. The brunette swallowed. Yes, she wanted Quinn to know what she's done. Sh wanted her to know how she made Rachel feel this past week. But God, it burned her to see the girl she loved like this, looking defeated. 

"For leading me on and then ignoring me? For kissing me? Or because you're still with Puck?"

Quinn bit her lip and her gaze moved away from Rachel and onto the ground. Rachel wasn't impressed by her. Quinn was always a headstrong girl that knew what she wanted and would do anything to get it. Yet she'd done nothing to show she wanted Rachel. Before she could slip further into her thoughts, Quinn's eyes were back on hers, a little glint of confidence shining in them. 

"You can start with that one, or whichever one you want."

A scoff escaped Rachel's lips, the brunette shook her head, but Quinn wasn't done yet.

"No, seriously, I swear, I'm so sorry. I don't know what to do so you'll forgive me."

Rachel didn't know either. She desperately wanted Quinn to break up with Puck and be with her instead, but God knows she couldn't possibly handle all this drama if they were actually a couple. The universe was sending her a dozen signs that this was a bad idea if there ever was one, and who was Rachel to just ignore them? Besides, Quinn seemed to be pretty clear, she wasn't breaking up with Puck anytime soon.

"I broke up with Puck."

And that made Rachel lose her breath for a second. 

"What?"

"I broke up with Puck. There's no point in being with him if I want to be with someone else."

A toothy grin formed on Rachel's face. Quinn does want to be with me and she broke up with Puck. It quickly disappears again.

"But... how do I know you're not going to change your mind again?"

The brunette watched as Quinn's eyes filled with tears and a sharp pain filled her chest. Quinn definitely felt more than she would ever show anyone, but Rachel had only seen her cry once. She remembers the day very well. 

Quinn was sitting on that cold bench, tightly cradling the stomach that her daughter called home, as if she needed to protect it from the world, especially now. Rachel was the reason she felt like that, because she'd let a boy cloud her judgment. Things had definitely changed since sophomore year.

"Look, Rachel, I know that lately I've been acting a little weirder than usual. And, trust me, I'd love to be different, but I can't. I'm this way, I'm intense."

"But... when I meet someone I really like, I don't stop until I get them."

Quinn's hand was twisting a little, so Rachel decided to take it into her own. The blonde smiled through her tears as the brunette stroked the back of her hand with her thumb. It felt safe.

"And, well, unfortunately for you, Rachel Berry, I like you." 

Quinn pressed her lips together. She lifted Rachel's hand and placed a soft kiss on her knuckles. 

"Well, I like that. Especially if that someone is me, of course." 

A little smirk grew on Rachel's face and Quinn's smile widened. She could definitely get used to this. Just being around Rachel, all the time.

Quinn leaned in and Rachel instantly caught the hint. The blonde rested her hands on the singer's cheeks as their lips met in a heavy kiss. All the pressed down feelings and longing went into it as Quinn deepened the kiss. She knew it would be tough, but for the first time ever, Quinn felt as if it was going to be okay. She was okay.