Chapter 1: If There's A Storm, There's Adventure

Once upon a time.

That's what you expect, right?

I mean, there's mermaids involved, this has to be some sort of fairytale.

Well, for starters, no. This is legit. It happened to me. I'm no liar. He shows up later.

And also, let me paint the opening a different way.

A simple seagull is soaring through the air. Its delicate white feathers being tossed around by the wind. All it sees below is blue. Endless sparkling aqua water, shining almost as bright as the sun itself. The sun in question is blazing down over the water-covered world that holds countless secrets. But that's not important. What's important is that something is floating atop the delicate blue sea. A ship.

The bird floats closer to the craft, admiring its gorgeous polished brown wood. In the modern age of today you wouldn't expect to see such a craft. White sails puffed up boldly, pushing the ship along. Barrels and ropes littering the deck that is a similar brunette floor. A cliche wheel rests, currently being steered by a simple man, who against what you may think seems to be no pirate at all.

Yet even this is not the most important feature. What might that be? Why it is a simple girl, around her early twenties, staring out into the open blue, the enchanting wind tossing her hair around ever so carefully as she rests against the border that is keeping her from falling overboard.

Her (h/c) hair held high in a ponytail behind her, a simple strand having escaped its grasp and is now flowing with the air current. To match this ship's classic theme a loose white shirt covers her torso, a small tie at the front. From there is a simple pair of jeans and black boots, a true sailor outfit indeed.

This girl's soft pink lips curl up just slightly to form the simplest of smiles as she admires the view before her. Freckles dance across her face, and two unique violet orbs analyze the seagull as it soars on.

This girl right here. She's me. Y/n L/n. Simple lover of the ocean, like many others. In fact, the entirety of this ship's crew adores the ocean. We're all here for it. Yet I was the only one who really got the experience. Who got to see the ocean at a whole new level.

So yes. There are mermaids, and royalty, maybe even a little love. Fairytale energy for sure.

But this isn't a tale about fairies. It's a tale about me.

~🐚~🐚~

The sun is just barely hanging onto the horizon as The Discoverer pushes through the water. We all just had dinner and man, was it delicious. The sky above us is a deep blue, matching the ocean itself, but around us is a ring of red and orange, melting into one another with a violet tip on top. "It's beautiful," I mumble, admiring it all.

Suddenly a hand is on my shoulder, and, like any normal human does, I swing my fist right into the culprit's stomach. A groan sounds out and I realize it's one of the crew members; Flynn. "Jeez! You do not like being surprised!" he cried, hunched over with pain. Rather then apologizing I just chuckle, turning back to the scene around me.

"You're lucky it wasn't a frying pan, Eugene," I tease with a cheeky grin. See, funny enough, while his name is Flynn, he looks almost identical to the Flynn in Tangled, ignoring the current burgundy t-shirt and jeans he's wearing. So, of course, being the Disney fanatic I am, I call him Eugene.

"Hardy har," he says, groaning once again before straightening up. "We've been together for three days and yet you still refuse to let that name die."