chapter 1

It was selection day never though this day was going to come.The time where people from district ten have to be selected and go to the games. The year Anna was going to be in it. The day that this might be the last time I might see her. I woke up early today so I can find Kristoff I knew something bad was going to happen and I need to tell him something.

I walked down slowly so my mom wouldnt wake up I grabbed my bracelet that my dad gave me before he died in which always gave me luck when I hunt animals. and went to the woods. It was prohibited to go their, but it didn't matter since we the people of district 10 needed to survive. Their was hardly any food and water so we broke most of the rules to survive.

As I walked through the woods I smelled the fresh air of the trees and grass. Butterflies everywhere and birds making a V shape.

"Hey Kristoff,"

"Elsa. What are you doing here so early? Arent you suppose to be getting ready for selection day you know the rules?" Kristoff whispered

"I just came here to find you and tell you if I get selected I want you to take care of my family and to take them far away from here." I urgently told him.

"Look at me Elsa your not going to be selected. These people from district 1 want a show. So we will put one for them. They just create this stupid games to entertain them. ".kristoff angrily said

Then we were interupted by a white airplane. This was weird white airplanes never passed by unless a war was happening. We laid down on the grass and hid around some bushes.When the airplane was far from our view we stood up and walked through the old path that lead to the market.

"Can you promise me that you take care of my family"

"Iam sorry elsa I cant someday you will kniw why its something you will never forgive me

I wondered what secret he wasnt telling me in my head as I walked home but quickly errased by Annas face as I entered the room. She was wearing her two long red haired braids with a green dress. She looked so inocent how can she be the one selected in the bowl.

"Elsa Iam scared I dont want to be in it." Anna cried

"You know what everybody is scared even me Anna there are a thousand kids out there they surely wouldnt be the only one who will be picked.." I tried to console her but as well as myself .

The bells rang which meant it was time to go to the city hall where each year the tributes are named. As we arrived to the city hall people were crying and mumbling on how society is so cruel, but my mother told us to ignore the comments.

"Attention!!" Attteenntionn!!!!!" You citezens of this district its time to choose our lucky tributes for our district. Piece by piece was thrown out the bowl. Finally their was four left. My heart paced I knew one of them was Annas it had to be either her, me, and two other chicks.

"Well well if it isnt Anna everdeen one of our lucky tributes."

She walked down the aisle tear in her eyes.

"Well c'mon Anna dont be shy be proud." Mrs. Hearts said

Anna no this cant be. How can she be noo. I promised Father that i would take care of my family and what I was going to do.

I had to do something that noene has ever done before.

" I Elsa Everdeen will honor to be the tribute for this years game."

Everybody gasped and mumbled.

When Anna heard what I said she ran as quickly to the stage I grabed her and threw her to Kristoff.

"Well well apperantly we have a volenteer."

Now lets choose.our guy for this year.

Then mrs. Heart sended me to the tributes hall where I Would Meet my companion.