•Game Night•

It was around 2 in the morning.

I was at a 24 hour gas station, picking up some drinks and snacks to bring to my boyfriend's house, since we were going to have a game night.

I grabbed a few bags of chips, and two sodas.

I walked to the register, to see a tired girl around my age, with her hair messily wrapped in a bun.

I put my things on the counter, and nervously fiddled with the hem of my hoodie.

"How's your night going, ma'am?" She asked, yawning, as she rang up my items.

"Pretty good! I'm going to my boyfriend's house to play some games. How about you?" I asked, taking out my wallet.

"Oh, cool! Sounds fun." She replied, adding up the subtotal.

"And.. I could be better, I guess. My shift ends in an hour though. So, that's nice." She said.

"$11.38." She tiredly added.

I gave her twelve dollars, and shoved my wallet back into my hoodie's pocket.

"Just keep that little bit of change. I don't wanna make you have to do math this early in the morning." I said, grabbing my bags.

"Much appreciated." She softly chuckled, handing me the receipt.

I grabbed the bags off of the counter, and made my way over to the door.

"Hope you and your boyfriend have a great night!" She added, before I opened the door.

"Thanks! Make it safely home!" I replied, turning around.

"Likewise." She said, waving.

I waved back, and opened the door. A small 'ding' sounding when it opened.

I walked out into the steady snow and made my way back to my car.

I jumped in, and shut the door.

Cranking it up, as I tossed the bags in the passenger seat.

(Time Skip)

I arrive at his house at around 2:45 am.

I shut the car off, and grabbed the bags.

Sliding out of the seat, and shutting the door behind me.

Snow flakes landing in my hair as I trotted through the thin snow to his porch.

I locked my car, and shoved the keys into my hoodie pocket. Along with my phone.

I walked up the steps, and softly gripped the doorknob.

'Already unlocked? Hm.'

I turned it, and walked in, only to find that it was pitch black.

I shuddered slightly.

I've always been afraid of the dark; ever since I was a toddler.

I somehow closed the door behind me.

"Anti..?" I called out, dropping the bags beside me.

I reached my arms out, trying to feel the walls, so I could guide my way to a light switch or something.

That's when I hear something behind me.

I flinch, and quickly turn around.

'God.. if only I could see in the dark...'

"Anti..? What's going on?" I shakily ask the shadows.

I hear footsteps in front of me, and dart back around.