There are no bears near the beach

SUNNY

"Oh my god Sunny, it's a bear. A real bloody bear."

"Oh god jim you are full of it aren't you. Also, I told you mum doesn't like us swearing"

"Yeah jim, no swearing"

IM NOT KIDDING GUYS TURN AROUND!!

The bear tower above all three of us like a huge fluffy stuff toy. But it wasn't happy or fluffy for that part. our heart fell out of our little chests

"I think I peed a little guys"

"That is so gross"

And we ran

...

When we finally ran back to the town, not a single soul believed us, not even the twins dad. And he believed everything we said.

After all we where just three young kids with a hyperactive imagination.

But too this day, we both know that bear was real.

...

It wasn't long after that Jim and indigo got driven up the coast to go to some expensive boarding school far far away from me and the adventures we would have.

This left me really lonely, really, really lonely. My mother did everything she could have to make me feel better. I went to preschool, I joined clubs but never made better friends than the Maurice kids.

The one thing that was worth it was surfing. Mum would carry the board for me and I would run into the water with all the oldies, they called me the little ray.

By 12 I was carving up the waves like a knife cutting into smooth butter, the waves belonged to me. But this was the same year my I realised that my mum wasn't the same as last year.

Each month got worse, and she became more unstable. I can't describe to you what that is like, the only person that stayed around was dying from the inside, her mind was gone but she was still there.

I was still waiting
Waiting for something to happen