Bug spay and salt

CLAY

You could say that I was dreading staying with my father for the whole summer

Because if you said that, you be 100% right

Yay

I haven't even seen him in 10 years, and now he want to see me. I mean, I could be back in Sydney. Partying with all the girls who are dying to get on my back.

It's not like my mum was totally open to the idea anyway. But she did think it was pretty fucked up that I was closer to my stepdad than my actual dad.

From what I've heard he's some surfer junky who was constantly smoking and lived in a shack next to beach.

But there is one plus

Mum let me take Neptune.

Neptune is the biggest dog to have graced the planet

Neptune is the biggest dog to have graced the planet. He is huge, absolutely massive. Like it's not even funny.

Personally Neptune is the best wingman I've ever had, and as I've observed, I've found that people who don't like him, tend to be the people who are assholes, like flakey girls who talk to me for the talk

His big face is all wrinkly and droopy, gorgeous. He's got big Dalmatian spots and a giant wippy tail that could break bones.

...

After the 8 hour drive down to the coast, the radio finally picks up a signal

"Summer time & and the living is easy. Your tuned into south coast breeze"

We are getting close

...

The music drums though the car, the base vibrates though the air.

I step out of the car, this place was a dump. The houses are boxes with verandas, something about this place gave me déjà vu.

The driver dumps my bags on the broken up pavement. It was so hot that I could smell the melting tar. There where bikes tied up all along the street but none outside dads house.

Neptune flys towards the house, how did the stairs not break under him?

I push open the fly screen, the place smells like bug spray and salt. I checked to see if the driver was still there, but of course, he had left me in the dust. Love it.

A note lies on the counter

"Gone surfing, boards are out the back, hope you had a good drive - dad "

Nice welcome home, for real I hadn't expected anything better.

I dumped my bags on the leather couch, I could hear it crackle. The walls where littered with nautical artefacts, wheels, maps and nets of all kinds. Hate to say it, but it was kinda cool.

I head out the back door to the shed, surprised that knew where I was going. Crazy

...

"Holy shit"

The shead was clearly where all his money was going. Racks lined the walls, more than a hundred boards lined upright. What the fuck dad

I picked one, the best one by the looks of it. Just to piss him off.

And then I was off to the beach, Neptune in tow

And again, I have no idea how I knew where I was going.