Chapter 1 : The Ice Cream Morning

"Dallas, Honey it's time to wake up! You know what day it is!" My mother, Connie came into my room and nudged me awake. I looked at my phone and saw what day it was, it was a Friday, the day we always got ice cream. "ICE CREAM DAY?" I gasped and jumped with excitement. My mother nodded her head and said "Yup! But after training." I got confused for a second then got kinda mad. "You have to be kidding me, I'm already good at fighting and defending myself! I don't need anymore training!" My mother looked at me and sighed "..Alright I guess, no training today. Just straight to ice cream?"
"Yes!" I smiled and told my mom to leave so I could get ready. She left and I closed my door changing my clothes, I put on a blue shirt, with a red pattern on it, I looked in the mirror realizing I forgot something. I quickly ran to my wardrobe and put my cape on. "There! Now I look awesome!" I walked outside my room and almost exploded with excitement. "There's my little handsome man!" My mother smiled as she saw me walk into the kitchen. "Oh, and by the way, I made you some breakfast!" I turned away from my mom and looked at the table, sitting on the plates were pancakes, my sisters were already eating, not waiting for me, like always. I "How come you guys never wait for me to sit down to start eating? It's kinda not fair for you guys to eat and finish before me." My sisters giggled a bit, "Because we hate waiting." I looked at them, "Why?"
"Because you take so long, duh" My sister, Sadie said cutting off what Churro was going to say. "Uhm.. why'd you just cut me off, Sadie?" Churro looked at Sadie with anger, "Because I can." and.. that's when the fighting started. I looked upset and almost yelled with how much anger I had. But I calmed down a bit before I said anything to them. "Guys, every single time when we eat, why do you two always have to fight? It's getting annoying."
"Says the 10 year old, who acts like a 5 year old by wearing capes and acting like they're playing dress up." Sadie emitted a sound like laughter, and I, looked like a total gumball being how red I was with anger. My mother told me to calm down, and yelled at Sadie. "Sadie, you do not talk to your brother like that!"
Sadie looked upset "Sorry, mom.."
I got up off the chair after eating my breakfast and headed for the front door. "Dal, where are you heading? We aren't leaving yet until your sisters finish." I sighed and came back to the kitchen and sat on a stair. My sisters finally finished and we headed out the front door. I really hoped this time we won't get jumped. We walked down the streets, and I kept looking around seeing if any cars or if anybody following us. There was nobody, which was pretty good. We got to the ice cream place and sat down. After everyone finished we decided to go to a park for a bit. I met someone named Sophie, she was a small young bird that looked hurt, I quickly alerted my mom about her and we took her back to our house and my mother healed her. "Guess what, Dal hun?"
"What is it mom?" I got confused for a second.
"You have a new sister! That little bird you found earlier, we decided to adopt her!"
I kinda got surprised and happy, "Wait, Really?!"
"Yup!"
I jumped up and down with excitement and quickly ran up to my room and played toys with Sophie.
She looked pretty happy. "I love it here!" She said in a small voice and smiled. "I do too, Sophie! I'm also glad to have a sibling who will play with me!"
She smiled and hugged me.

To be continued 💕