Chapter 2: A Weeks coming

I woke up the next morning, hearing something from the downstairs, I walk down just to see my parents yelling at Sadie, nothing unusual, it always happens. I shrugged, I decided to go downstairs anyway, just because. I stood at the bottom of the stairs and watched. They finally stopped after 10 minutes, I was still at the stairs, but sitting down. My father, looked at me, even before my mother did. He waved at me, "Hey, Dal! How'd ya sleep?" My father never asked me that, that's a bit confusing. I shrugged and said "Eh, pretty fine." He stood up and walked towards me and sat down next to me on the stairs, he rubbed my hair around like any normal father usually would. I looked at him "I've never seen you this awake in the mornings, Dad, what's up?" I question him, "Well, I woke up way earlier than y'all did, and I drank some caffeine to wake myself up." He smiled a bit.
"Ohh, alrighty." I responded, acting like I understood what he meant. "Oh, also I kinda wanted to inform you about.. something that's going to happen in a week or so, uhm, we are going to a group fight" Again, I didn't know what he meant, but I was actually being smart for once and asked, "What's a group fight-?"
He moved his ears down a bit after the question, but didn't show that. "Well, Dal. A group fight is when two teams get into a fight and compete to see who wins, and in this case we are going to be competing."
I actually understood him for once, and I got kinda shocked, I stuck my tail out an bit. "Why.. are we gonna fight in a big group though?"
"They called it on us, there isn't anything to stop it."
I looked at him, "D-Do.. I have to fight..?" He perked his ears down a bit and had a kinda concerned expression, "..Sadly, yes..But it'll be in a week or two.. so you have time to get ready."
I acknowledged and nodded, "Okay.."
We discussed about it and trained for the next hour. I was pretty much already a natural, but this would be the only time I'd train. I'm only going it because of the big fight thingy. I got up and headed up stairs, before I made it half way my mother stopped me, "Erm.. Dal, where are you going?"
Pfft, why would she ask that? I'm obviously going up the stairs to my room.
"Where.. do you think?" I tried to be nice while saying that but it came out a bit rude. My mother got kinda angry, "Dal, How dare you talk to me like that! I never expected that type of behavior from you!" I, knew I was in big trouble now, there wasn't anything I could do. "I-I didn't mean for it to sound like that I'm sorry!" I ducked my head down a bit, my mother noticed how sorry I was and forgave me "It's okay, I'm sorry for getting mad at you." My older sister, Sadie was furious about how I can get out of trouble way quicker than she could ever. I continued my way up the stairs and opened my door, I trotted over to the bed and face planted onto my pillow.

To Be Continued :>