Chapter 3

Art Credit: https://www.deviantart.com/poketrio

*Trigger Warning, bullying, abuse, self deprication, yelling, suicide attempt??*

*Kokichi's p.o.v.*

I wake up.  I raise my hand to my temple as to stop the pounding headache I had.  I looked in the mirror to see how messed up I looked. 

"Holy shit-"

I have a cut on my cheek and a bruise on my forehead.  I rearrange my bangs to cover up the bruise.  Yeah like that's gonna solve anything.  Satisfied, I get dressed and start heading out to school.  There's still a few hours before school actually starts so I just chill at a nearby park and listen to music on my phone.  Suddenly, Sairhara walks by.  Why would he be out at 6 in the morning?

*Shuichi's p.o.v.*

"Huh?  Blueberry?  What are you doing here this early?"

"I could ask you the same thing."

"Well, I was just...out here enjoying the air obviously!"

"Really?  You call yourself a liar yet I can read right through you!"

"Really now Shuichi cause I don't think you understand me at all!  Any good liar would know exactly what I'm doing!  If you lie all the time people will think you're always lying.  Which is why you have to tell an obvious lie sometimes so they aren't suspicious.  You have to create such an intricate web of lies that no one knows who you actually are.  You actually think you know anything about me!?  You just know the me I portray."

You just know the me I portray.  What does that mean?  What's actually going on?  Isn't his mood kind of off too?  Whatever, I can't deal with this right now.  I have places to be.  I run off to the school parking lot.  I'm heading to meet with Kaede.  She wanted to talk before school starts. 

"Hey Akamatsu."

"Shuichi, hi.  So um........I'm just gonna say it right now."

"What is it Akamatsu?"

"Well um, I think it's great to have a friend you can trust!  Speaking of which, maybe you should spend less time around Oma?  I mean I don't think it's safe for you to hang out with him.  Maybe instead you should hang out with me?  I know we haven't known each other very long but I'd really like to go out and get ice cream or something with you."

"Ice cream?"

"Yeah, kind of like a date."

A date with Akamatsu?  She's a pretty person and pretty kind but I don't think it's ok to date someone you just met.  Besides, she's said some pretty messed up shit about Oma.

"I don't think I'm ready for any of that but I don't want to reject you.  Maybe we could get to know each other more and take it from there?  It's only been a couple days and I feel that I don't really know anything about you."

"Okay, I understand."

Before I know it, students start to trickle in.  I don't see Oma anywhere.  Maybe I shouldn't look for them anymore.  After all, Akamatsu said that he isn't the best person to associate with.

"Oma!  Why are you late!?"

"Sorry Miss, I had a doctor's appointment."

"Really now?  Show me the note."

He hands over a small note.

"I see.  Hurry up and sit down."

That wouldn't make sense though.  Why was he out that early if he has somewhere to be?  He turns and walks to his desk.