ѕєnσrítα❦ Ⅳ

"All morning it has been raining. In the language of the garden, this is happiness"
~Mary Oliver~
╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍

doll wasn't wrong. the next day, jeno found a white dove outside his kitchen window, sheltered from the rain going on outside. once he got the little bird inside, he called jaemin to come over, wanting the other with him when he read the small parchment the dove carried.

"jen, i can't go over right now. i'll be over around 4-"
"oh yeah.. you have the task today.."
"yeah... you can go ahead and read the letter, we have another free day in two days, we can go visit doll again then"
"alright.. love you"
"love you too"

hanging up, jeno looked at the dove who was sitting patiently, the parchment neatly folded and not a drop of rain on it, or the bird. the dove moved aside, letting the boy read the small letter, which was in english.

┫тσ вє нσиєѕт, ι ∂σи'т киσω ωну ι'м ωяιтιиg тнιѕ αи∂ ѕєи∂ιиg ιт fσя уσυ тωσ... ι'м ʝυѕт-ʝ gυєѕѕ- ιитяιgυє∂? ι иєνєя ωαѕ αвℓє тσ тαℓк тσ αиуσиє, вυт уσυ. ι αℓѕσ ωαит тσ ѕαу, тнαик уσυ fσя вєιиg ѕσ кιи∂, ву иσт тαкιиg ρι¢тυяєѕ, ѕqυєαℓιиg (тσσ мυ¢н) αи∂ ℓєανιиg gιfтѕ. ι єиʝσує∂ тнє ¢нσ¢σℓαтє αи∂ αℓℓ. ι яєαℓℓу нσρє тσ ѕєє уσυ тняєє, мσяє ѕρє¢ιfι¢αℓℓу уσυ тωσ, αgαιи. ρℓєαѕє, ρℓєαѕє, ∂σи'т тєℓℓ αиуσиє ι ¢αи тαℓк, иσт єνєи тнє gιяℓ (уєяι, ¢σяяє¢т?).

яєgαя∂ѕ, ραρєя ∂σℓℓ┣

'he has pretty handwriting' jeno thought as he skimmed over the letter again, turning to the dove who was waiting patiently.

"will it be alright if i send a letter back?"

the dove have a little nod, flying over to pick up a bit of paper and pen nearby it spotted, handing it to the boy before settling beside him. jeno wrote a small letter back, folding it, and giving it to the dove, giving it a careful pat and letting it go, to the now calmer rain. 'i'll have to talk to jaemin'

PAPER DOLL Focus

"paper doll, i'm sorry for causing you so much stress over the.. incident"
"yeah.. we didn't expect such chaos to occure"

'you're apologizing. such bullshit, you're not the ones whose life was at stake' as the two "owners" talked to the boy (who was out of his uniform), doll just looked ahead, holding tightly onto the hag rock in his right hand. it was the early morning after the "incident", and the castle wasn't going to open this day. they were currently outside his private room, the boy sitting on a little stool. he nodded his head after the adults finished talking.

"je vous remercie. maintenant.. laisse-moi tranquille"

standing up, doll left the two owners there, confused and stunned, as he entered his room. nesryn has been let out in the garden along with the other creatures in the castle. sitting on the floor, doll stared ahead again. before he heard a small crash, right beside his room. racing up, he grabbed his wand and ran over, seeing his dove and... chenle.

"lele.. what?"
"i-i.."

the younger male started crying. the dove tried to comfort him while leading him to renjun's room. the other male did a few spells to clean and fix the mess before returning to his room. chenle by now, was still crying, but not bawling.

"lele.. what happened?"
"what's with the letter the dove has?"

renjun flushed before shaking his head.

"my situation doesn't really matter right now, why did you turn up, crashing through the castle's bloody window, and now?"
"fine.. the bastard almost forced me to bring him a young set of twins, roughly 6 years of age"

as chenle spoke, he gripped tightly onto his black trousers.

"i-i saw crows, right before i came here. at three different occasions. first there was eight.. then seven.. then one"

the sudden slam of a door that happened, scared both boys out of their minds, the dove even flying up in shock. seeing ailee standing there with a worried face, soon filled with warmth, made the two boys feel a bit more relaxed.

"m-mistress"
"doll, who is that?"
"it's my friend, he's not like me.. he's an angel, literally"

ailee slowly walked over, her lilac and lavender gown flowing against the floor as she approached chenle. the boy hesitatingly looked up and saw the female's eyes. ailee smiled softly as she placed a hand on the angel's head, giving it a light kiss.

"doll, we can't let the owners know about the angel here. i don't think they'd be able to stop thinking about financial benefits for themselves.. though i would like to know what happened, i'll leave you two be, maybe he could stay here with you?"
"that'd be fine, the owners can't enter our rooms anyways"

the female nodded, giving both boys a tight hug while muttering a goodbye and then leaving the room. chenle turned to the other with a relaxed smile, which then turned into a ushering look. renjun was confused by that.

"what?"
"the letter? your dove seems to be tired of just waiting"

renjun huffed as he grabbed the parchment the dove was sitting up, gave the bird a small pet and some seed, before sitting back with chenle. the younger was eager to hear why the other had a letter.

┫ᴍᴜsᴛ sᴀʏ, ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴠᴇʀʏ ᴘʀᴇᴛᴛʏ ʜᴀɴᴅᴡʀɪᴛɪɴɢ. ᴊᴀᴇᴍɪɴ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅɴ'ᴛ ʙᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ ᴡʜɪʟᴇ ɪ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ʀᴇsᴘᴏɴᴅ ᴛᴏ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʟᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ, ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜ ɪ'ᴍ sᴜʀᴇ ʜᴇ ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴍɪɴᴅ. ɪ ᴄᴀɴ sᴀʏ, ᴡᴇ'ʀᴇ ʙᴏᴛʜ sᴛᴜɴɴᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ʀᴇsᴘᴏɴᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴜs. ʏᴇʀɪ (ʏᴏᴜ ᴅɪᴅ ɢᴇᴛ ɪᴛ ᴄᴏʀʀᴇᴄᴛ) ᴛᴏʟᴅ ᴜs ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴀsᴛʟᴇ, ᴀs sʜᴇ ʜᴀs ᴀ ʜᴜɢᴇ ᴏʙsᴇssɪᴏɴ ᴀɴᴅ ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴇsᴛ ɪɴ ɪᴛ. sʜᴇ sᴀɪᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴜʏs ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅɴ'ᴛ ʀᴇsᴘᴏɴᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴠɪsɪᴛᴏʀs ᴀᴛ ᴀʟʟ. ᴡᴇ ᴅᴏ ᴡɪsʜ ᴛᴏ ғɪɢᴜʀᴇ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴡʜʏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴛᴀʟᴋ ᴛᴏ ᴜs, ʙᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴍɪɢʜᴛ ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴛɪᴍᴇ. ᴊᴀᴇᴍɪɴ ᴀɴᴅ ɪ ᴡɪʟʟ ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ʙʏ ɪɴ ᴛᴡᴏ ᴅᴀʏs, ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴘʀᴏʙᴀʙʟʏ ʙᴇ ᴛᴏᴍᴏʀʀᴏᴡ, ᴅᴇᴘᴇɴᴅɪɴɢ ᴏɴ ʜᴏᴡ the dove ɢᴏᴇs ᴏɴ ғʟɪɢʜᴛ. ᴡᴇ'ʟʟ sᴇᴇ ʏᴏᴜ sᴏᴏɴ, ᴅᴏʟʟ.

ʀᴇɢᴀʀᴅs, ʟᴇᴇ ᴊᴇɴᴏ┣

"chenle, stop fucking squealing!"

the young male just giggled as he kicked his legs like a child, obviously amused. the angel placed a hand on the other's shoulder, his laughter going from dolphin - giggle fit - silent chuckles.

"i'm sorry, i-i just didn't expect them to be so honest. and.. you could talk to them?"
"yeah.. but i could only speak in french to them"
"hm..."

a knock was at the door, causing both to jump again. chenle quickly shape-shifted into a dove, going to sit with the one that was now asleep. renjun walked up and opened the door to show chanyeol, who was slightly towering over the younger.

"oh, hey star"
"mistress was wondering if you'd be willing to make more lavender ice cream? and she also has a request that you help with making a gown for the owner's niece?"
"which owner?"
"the dumb one"
"that's both"
"you're right. i mean male"
".. i'll do it, when does she want me to help?"
"at about 7, and it's currently 6"

renjun nodded and waved chanyeol a goodbye. the young boy turned to both doves, walking over and putting the folded letter in his pocket as chenle flew up and followed him, letting the other dove sleep. walking through the halls, renjun debated on what to do when jaemin and jeno visited again.

A/N: ;-;