My to-be-favorite victim

“Well then Nathan, you just have a little abrasion on your knee, I have cleaned it up. You are good to go.” the infirmary nurse  explained, while she wrote her notes, sitting on a chair besides Nathan.

“Thank you, Miss Martha”, Nathan replied. 

he looked around to see that the room  was well lit, airy, with a handful of beds: a few in front,  aligned parallely. Around the beds, clean white curtains fluttered in the wind. On his right, he saw a boy sleeping on the corner bed.

“He has fever”, informed Miss Martha after noticing Nathan was focused on the sleeping boy.

Nathan turned to his left and suddenly,  a girl popped out of nowhere, “Hey!” she said. Nathan was taken by surprise. Scared, he immediately looked away.

“ Your Highness”, said Nova goofily, “ The enemy has been taken care of.  Also, Your Highness, you should know that Jessica is not even a challenge, this humble disciple of yours  can take care of many more like her.” Nova gave him an elegant bow and said, “His Highness is not alone.” 

As he heard that sentence, Nathan looked up with teary eyes and saw Nova smiling back at him. It calmed him down. He wiped his tears and said, “I am not his highness, my name is Nathan Dews. Hello Miss Nova, pleased to meet you”, he said humbly.

At first glance, Nova looked like a shy, introverted girl who would bury herself into books. But this wacky side of hers surprised Nathan, 'She is the opposite of how she looks. Interesting' he thought, as he smiled in awe.

 “Wow dewde, You look like an angel right now! Smile more often! Hey hey,should I tell you a secret about Jessica?”

"Sure!", Nathan was intrigued, seeing Nova's enthusiasm.

"Cool. When I entered this school, I used to roam around the campus in search of a quiet place. From the cafeteria, I walked 1km south and saw a cherry blossom tree. Besides it, there was a store room. With an eager intent to explore, I went in. After a little bit of cleaning I turned it into a small niche of mine and kept a periwinkle plant at the window. The window was huge with space to sit on its sill. One could see the cherry blossom tree through that window.  I started spending some peaceful time there during lunch hours. One warm spring day, I was sitting at the store room’s window, recording a squirrel near the tree, when suddenly, someone opened the door.

“.. ya hehehe ok girls, you go ahead, I’ll be right back”, as I heard these words I turned around to see a tall, black haired girl, entering the room. She hurriedly closed the door and stood facing her back towards me. Then let out a huge sigh. Surprisingly, she didn't notice me. I ignored her and kept recording the squirrel. But then, all of a sudden, I heard, the loudest fart ever! That black haired girl touched the higher notes like a soprano!

‘Jessica, are you in there?’ Her friends called her out. 

‘Oh yes, coming!’ she replied as she tried to clean up the crime scene by waving and dispersing the air she let out. 

After she left,  I laughed out loudly.  I kept replaying the video, and boy, oh boy, did i crack up each time. After all, she was recorded- farting. To girls like her, this is a huge deal. Later, When I saw her bullying innocent juniors,  I realized that this video can be put to good use. Since the time Jessica found out about the video that I have, she would avoid messing with me, fearing I might make the video viral on social media. But shhh" , Nova signaled Nathan by  putting a finger on her lips, and continued in low voice,

 " Don't let anyone know about this, it's our little secret" , winked Nova teasingly.

Nathan burst out laughing.