Before I'm dead

Hi! xD

This is my first entry here for the Star Wars category here. It's part of the May 2020: The Force challenge promoted by the ScienceFiction user here xD 

The prompt should fit ScienceFiction and Fantasy. Since I'm in obsessed with vampires since I first got a dracula plushie when I was four, so when my friend Amanda suggested this challenge and I noticed I could write a fanfic out of it, I was like why the hell not? Why not mix both Star Wars and these almighty creatures? So here it goes...

I already have a Vampire!Hux story called Bloodbound posted on my AO3 account, but it does count as a standalone. It does fit in the universe though and it can.  

Ah the cover is not mine. The work is from the talented Ariana (known as ATO) on the inprnt. The piece is named Emperor Hux. www.inprnt.com/gallery/ato/emperor-hux/

Just a brief reminder: English is not my first language and fit this challenge and my both passions into a 500-word prompt was extremely difficult, so a few mistakes may pass...? I hope you can forgive me. Let's stop here, cause this AN is getting bigger than the story itself xD

Happy Reading and Happy May the 4th! 

Wordcount: 498. 

There were few things he truthfully hated

There were few things he truthfully hated. His father topped the list —thankfully, he'd gotten rid of him years before. But there was something he'd been always ashamed to admit—fear.

Armitage Hux truly hated feeling afraid and things that instilled fear on him.

After Brendol Hux, the Force and its users completed the rest of the awfully short list.

However, fear had been a great teacher. It taught him the importance to plan and to scheme. Yet... whenever Armitage Hux thought about his future, he never pictured himself lying on a pool of his own blood, unable to move his head to see the Stormtroopers carelessly thrown over the wreckage of the shuttles and TIE fighters in the Bay Two onboard the Finalizer.

He never pictured himself being crushed in a chase near the Arkanis Sector, watching as his best pilots were exploded before his eyes and his Star Destroyed was invaded by creatures as powerful as the almighty Force users.

Extremely ambitious, he pictured himself sitting upon the throne of the Galaxy, subduing everyone under the might of the First Order.

He saw himself getting rid of Kylo Ren, for he envied those like him, and like Darth Vader before him. The Force had always been a source of endless mystery and awe—fear, like a devious dictator, Armitage dreamed to be feared—across the Galaxy.

In his childhood, when he cried, hoped and prayed to be gifted with the Force—just to be plainly ignored—, he started despising the Force and those who could wield it.

As he rose through the rankings of the First Order, he realized he didn't need any superpowers to succeed, and the Force became just a passing dream, a fantasy of his teen years. However, as he met Kylo Ren and was outshined by him and the fact he could use the Force—something to be worshipped and venerated—like a spoiled child throwing a tantrum, he couldn't help but see resurfaced old wounds and hatred.

The fact that the force user saw fit to force choke him whenever he was angry—which happened quite often, for Kylo Ren had a flimsy control over his emotions—made Armitage desire that he, too, could use the Force.

For only then he'd be able to strike back.

Hux knew he could trust his careful planning to guide him to future glories, but he wondered what he'd be able to accomplish if he just had a tiny, little bit of that power running through his veins...

But now... he had the chance.

As he held the heart between his fingers and brought it—bloody, beating and still alive—to his hungry mouth, sinking his teeth into it and letting the coppery taste flow inside—feeding, strengthening, resurrecting him—he realized he'd nothing else to be afraid of.

For now, he'd a power as great as the Force running through his veins.

It was when Armitage Hux died that he was born again.