Chapter 1

"I really need to go out more often, or I'll go crazy."I groaned but it's not like I can, I am going to take over my family business so that results in not going out with friend or doing what normal young adults would normal do, don't get me wrong I go out sometimes just not as often as I would like because I have to stay in the office extra hours to make sure everything is running smoothly.

"Darling no one told you to work so hard,oh let me tell you before I forget we are going to have guest over tonight so please be home early they will be there by 8 it a last minute plan." Mom said, snapping me out of my thought, meet my mom Cecilia Rodriguez she is in her early fifties, she has long beautiful black hair with gorgeous hazel eyes, she looks really young for her age if she wasn't my mom I would think she is in her late thirties no lie.

I rolled my eyes in irritation as the scenario with having visitors over for dinner flooded in my head that never goes well, but knowing my mom she wont take no for an answer.

"Okay mom I will leave work early."

I Grabbing the books off the table and put them on the coffee table. Mom sighed, a defeated expression crossed her face. She sat down in one of the chairs beside the coffee table facing me.

"I'm not joking Adriana be there early so you can change into something nice." Mom said looking at my sternly.

"I will be there early mom I promise." Not because that one time I came I few hours later, who am I kidding it multiple of times but I am going to be there early this time.

"I have to go now I'm meeting your nonna for lunch." Mom said as she got up.

I stood up and hug her." Bye mom, tell nonna hey for me and give her a kiss."
I said as I made my way back to my desk.

Taking in the content of the words displayed on my laptop screen, I quickly scan them one last time and then immediately exit out of the browser.

*******

I looked at my phone , the time reads 5:00p.m. I stood up and packed up my things slipping them into my drawer before grabbing my purse and walking over to my assistant and one of my bestfriend Anna.

"Hey I'm leaving I am going to a family dinner and please don't say anything. " known she would make some silly  remarks.

" Ok I wont, I will email you the rest of the information for the business deal, Have fun." She said with a slight laugh.

Shaking my head I made my way to the door.

******
"I'm home ." I called out as I made my way up the stairs going straight to my room, only to find a stunning red dress laid on my bed with some silver heels.

"Come Adriana we dont have all day your late, and your mom said I should make you look stunning not that you dont look gorgeous now but this is a special occasion so you have to look even more beautiful ." My hair and make up stylist catherine and one of my close friends said as she made her way over to my glam (makeup) room.

"Since when do you take instruction from my mom." I asked as I slouch into the seat in front of the mirror and allowing her to do whatever it is she wants to do.

After an hour or so Catherine was finished.

"That was fast wow I look gorgeous thanks babe." That's what we call each other.

"No problem babe now go and put on your dress love you see you later tell me all about your family dinner." She said

"Ok I will bye love you too." I said as she made her way to the door.

Grabbing the dress, I quickly scan it once more it's really stunning. It's a red sleeveless lace dress that it back less with a split at the side. I slipp the dress on along with my sparkling silver heels, I glance in the mirror, loving the way I look I made my way to the door.

I have a feeling this is going to be a long night.

********
Thanks for reading I will update tomorrow.
Love you guys.🤗

Nonna means-grandma in italy.