-43-

mattia's pov

the car took us back to mariano's place and we each get out while carrying the duffle bag full of cash and jewelry. i secretly take out the diamond necklace that i stole and put it in my pocket.

"mar you called some girls over right?" alejandro made sure. 

"yes ale don't worry, they should be inside already," he answered. 

and he was right, his living room was full of girls with very little clothing on and alcohol everywhere. 

"this should be fun," i hear ale mumble. even kairi seemed excited, but i just wanted to be with one person right now. 

we turn on the tv and saw the news reporter talking about the casino we just robbed, making us laugh. i pretended to act tired so that i could leave earlier and they wouldn't question it. 

"mattia, i'll 1v1 you in pool," mariano shouts. 

"you're on," i smile. alejandro already had himself occupied with a girl and to my surprise, so did kairi. 

"what's up with you tonight, you seem out of it," mariano points out. 

"i'm just tired," i reply. "i might leave early i didn't get a lot of sleep." 

"you can spend the night if you want," he offers. "sure some girls here would love to accompany you in the bedroom." 

i chuckle. "nah man i'm good. i'll leave in about an hour." 

"i heard about that y/n chick," he says, catching my attention right away. "i remember the first time i saw her at your club, and i'll admit she's definitely something and all but she's a cobra. and as your friend i don't want to see you get upset over a snake. see what i did there with the snake cause she's a cobra."

"yea i get it mar," i roll my eyes. "but thanks. i'm not upset over her anymore." which was the truth, she's the only reason i've been so happy lately. "i just don't feel like sleeping with any girls tonight and no, y/n's not the reason."

"a part of me wants to ask you to prove it and kiss that girl right there." my face drops a little. "but i'mma take your word for it." thank god. 

after i beat mariano in pool, i sat down at the couch and watched my friends enjoy themselves. 

"why are you drinking all alone in the corner?" a girl walks up to me.

"i'm just tired," i lie. she was fairly attractive and if i didn't find out the truth about y/n, i'd definitely be with this girl in the bedroom right now. 

the girl sits down next to me and puts her hand on my thigh. "i'm sure after the night you boys just had you'll need something to help you relax." 

i raise my eyebrow. "i'll be fine. but you can go help my friend, alejandro over there." 

she turns around and saw another girl sitting on alejandro's lap. "he seems busy, you don't." 

"i was just about to head home," i stand up. 

"already?" she whines. "but i need someone keep me company." 

"mariano," i call him. "i'm gonna head out, keep this girl company for me." i look down at her. "problem solved." 

her face drops as i turn around and leave. 

y/n's pov

it was almost 1am so i quietly went downstairs and exited the house. i texted my dad that i was going to spend the night with a friend and that i'll be back sometime in the afternoon. 

mattia and i decided to meet at the hotel first since it was easier to find each other that way and we had somewhere to park our cars. i guess i got here first cause i didn't see him anywhere. patiently, i waited in the lobby until i saw someone walk through the entrance. 

"finally," i say. the man turned around and i realized it wasn't mattia. "oh my bad i thought you were someone else." 

"it's fine," he smiles. "who's the man that's making you wait all alone at 1am." 

"my friend," i hesitate saying. "you just look a lot like him from the back." 

"guess we only have our looks in common cause i would not make a girl like you wait for me," he smirks. "what's your name?" 

"you don't need to know," i respond. 

"how about this, if the guy you're waiting for doesn't show up within... 30 seconds, we can hangout instead," he says. 

"30 seconds?" i laugh, "be reasonable here." 

"1...2...3... 27..."

"hey that's cheating." 

"y/n," someone calls me. "sorry, mariano's house is a little further from here." 

i turn back to the guy i was talking to. "he made it here on time even though you cheated." mattia tilts his head in confusion, but i just laugh it off and pull him away. "can we go to the beach now?"

"yes i brought towels," he holds them up. "who was that?"

"just someone keeping me company cause you took too long," i respond. "and again, i'm not having sex with you at the beach."

"fine then," he groans. 

-

it was pretty silent, other than the sounds of the waves crashing repeatedly against the rocks. the smell of sea water gave me a warm feeling, or maybe that was just mattia's arm around me. 

"how was the heist?" i ask. 

"pretty successful," he answers. "what did you do tonight?"

"i went to dinner with xavier hector and avani."

"xavier was with you?" he turns his head to me. 

"i decided to go easy on him," i say. "we're on good terms for now." 

"he's already marrying you, what's the point of needing to be on good terms." his body stiffens.

"i don't wanna argue with him all the time," i respond. "besides, he's not the one i like." mattia relaxes a little and pulls me closer. "did you guys celebrate after the heist?"

"yeah we went to mariano's house that contained a lot of girls and alcoho-"

"girls?" i sit up and glare at him. 

"hey," he pulls me by the waist so i can rest on his shoulder again. "there's only girl i have my eyes on. nothing happened."

"it better not," i mumble. "what'd you did you get from the heist?"

"a lot of money," he says. "and a gift."

i look up at him. "a gift?" 

his hands search through his pocket and he pulls out a diamond necklace. "figured it look a lot better around your neck than in that vault."

"holy shit it's gorgeous." i examine it. "thank you for stealing this for me," i tease. 

"anything for my girlfriend."

"excuse me?" did i hear that right?

"i'm not gonna sneak around and steal a diamond necklace for just a girl," said mattia. "if i'm doing all that shit, it's gonna be for my girlfriend."

"wow didn't even ask me," i roll my eyes playfully. 

he sits up and makes eye contact with me. "y/n price," he sighs, "will you be my girlfriend for 3 weeks?" 

"yes i'd love to be your girlfriend for 3 weeks," i chuckle. 

mattia smiles and brings his lips to mine. after a few minutes i feel him pull away. "changed your mind about the beach sex yet?"

"no."

.