-60-

y/n's pov

in the UK...

"it's gonna be harder to convince the panthers here since their capo is dead," hector whispered.

"i know," i nod. "alejandro's the new capo now. he can do it."

"i can do it," he appeared at my side. "and i will."

i let out a death breath as i play with my engagement ring that i still had on. i didn't wanna put it on a different finger because then it would feel more final and i didn't wanna accept that mattia is gone.

-

"welcome to the UK," the panther in charge told us. "we've heard rumors that you guys have an alliance, i guess that's true."

"yeah we just wanted to do tell you guys ourselves," alejandro smiled weakly.

"where's mr. polibio?"

"uh," alejandro looked down. "mattia's dead. i'm your new capo now." his voice was shaking.

the soldier's face dropped. "that's.. unfortunate. i'm sorry for your loss. but it is your orders that i follow now."

alejandro nods. "thank you."

i put my hand on his shoulder and rub it gently. "from now on everything we do, we do for mattia."

-

after talking to the panthers, we went to the dragons, then the cobras, and then the kingstons. everything went successfully, making me feel like his death wasn't all for nothing.

"what're you thinking about?" kairi asked me.

"him," i answer. "it's always gonna be him."

"we'll all get through this together. as a family," kairi places his hand on top of mine.

"do you think.. do you think i'll be able to love again?" i ask genuinely. "do you think i'll get over this?"

"i don't know," he answered. "cause i don't even know if i'm gonna get over this."

"we will," alejandro joins us. "as a family. together."

"together," kairi and i repeat.

third person's pov

a few days later...

as a young woman walks along the shore, she saw something in distance. it was strange to her because this beach was always clear, empty, clean.

when she gets closer, she notices that it's a body. quickly, she ran over and pulled the body out of the water, resting it on the sand.

it was a young man, who was mostly likely around her age. she couldn't help but realize that even in this state, he was very attractive.

she lifts up his shirt and realizes that he has a deep wound, so she took off her jacket and covered it while applying pressure.

the pain made him slightly groan as he turns his head.

"hey," the woman rubbed his face softly.

his eyes slowly flutter open, then jolting awake. "what's going on?"

"calm down, you have a really deep cut," she tells him. "i'm lena. how'd you get this wound?"

"i uh, i don't know," the man answered. "where am i?"

"france," she answered. "what's your name?"

"i.. don't know," he stares blankly. "i don't remember anything."

concerned, lena examines his body looking for any clue. "you have a ring on. it looks like an engagement ring."

the man, not knowing who he was or how he got here, lifts up his hand to look at the ring around his finger. "i guess it is. but i don't even remember who i'm engaged too." he rotates his arm and looks at the watch on his wrist.

"that's an expensive watch," lena chuckles. "here, let's just focus on healing your wound okay? i know a thing or two about this stuff."

"are you a nurse?" he asked her.

"yeah i am," she nods. "do you want to go to a hospital instead?"

"no, if it's okay, maybe you can take care of it."

"that's fine, let me call someone to help me bring you over to my place. although i think going to the hospital sooner or later is wise," lena told him. "you're suffering with memory loss."

"i really just don't want to be surrounded by a lot of people right now," he says.

lena took out her phone to dial her friends. "i'm gonna need something to call you though." she examines his face for a little bit. "how about, matthew?"

as soon as she said that it was like he heard a voice calling him something else. "what about mattia?"

"i mean it's your name. mattia sounds nice."

.