Chapter 3

Aaron's POV:

Dear Theodosia, how to say to you. Sometime last night, your mother breathed your name. And like a flame that flickers out too soon, she died. She's gone...

How do you write like tomorrow won't arrive? How do you write like you needed to survive? How do you write every second you're alive, every second you're alive, every second you're alive?

When you got skin in the game,you stay in the game. But you don't get a win unless you play in the game. Oh, you get love for it. You get hate for it. You get nothing if you, wait for it, wait for it, wait.

Careful how you proceed good man. Intemperate indeed, good man. Answer for the accusation I lay at your feet, or prepare to bleed good man.

Just stand Alex. Weehawken. Dawn. Guns. Drawn. You're on

He aimed his pistol at the sky! WAIT!

A loud gun shot sounded in my head as I sit up in my bed suddenly, eyes wide as I frantically looked around. 'Why...?' I thought, 'Why does that memory hunt me to this day?! Haven't I suffered enough already? I thought I had moved on and today life decided I haven't paid for my sins.' I stand up and go to my bathroom to splash water on my face. 'Today is no day to be thinking of what you did two years ago.' I told myself as I look out to the luggage that are laid in my floor. I brush my teeth, shower get changed, and put my toothbrush in my luggage. I hear a knock on my door "Come in." I say. "Oh honey today is the day. My little Rony is going to collage!" Said my mother as she walked in my room, seeming teary eyed. "Yeah mom, please don't cry I leave at 7 pm we still have practically the whole day." I said with a sad smile. "I know, did you check your room for everything you need?" My mom asked. "Yeah I'm just going to check around one more time." I said, as I started rummaging through my closet to see if there was anything else I wanted to take with me. Suddenly I see the VR headset that I stopped using a like a year ago... Non-welcomed flashbacks flooded me and my mind went back to the good old' days that didn't end well... "Alright, I'll be downstairs making breakfast, come down when you're done." My mom said as she left the room, taking me out of my thoughts. I put the VR set in the corner again and went to keep looking around my room. My mind kept going places I didn't like so I put my headphones and listened to some music.

Turn out that day went by faster then anyone hoped, I was already on my way to the university all the way in Wisconsin, and I couldn't help thinking about my life in "Just like IRL". I was blinded by my hatred and jealousy that I killed my own friend... I know I didn't consider them friends but he was part of my friends list and well. Apparently there was a secret achievement for killing someone in your friends list. I was in a bar drinking when it appeared... that's when I knew he did die, I felt like it was mocking me, I hated it. I kept playing the game after... his death. But really the only reason I played was because of Theodosia my "daughter", when she was given to us we all laughed at the irony but then it got confusing so we all agreed to call "mommy" Theo and "daughter" Theodosia. Theodosia was 13 when I... killed Alex. I could tell she was disappointed in me but she forgave me, I was really relieved... we needed each other especially since Theo died. It was heartbreaking, and I thought I done everything I could to prevent the death of others to affect me much, but in the end it really did feel like she died. The game wasn't lying, when they said they did everything they could to make death as real as possible. In the end I deeply apologized to everyone who knew Alex and everyone in my guild, some actually congratulated me, those were the people that hated him. It didn't make me feel any better though as others didn't accept my apology, like Lafayette and Hercules, I completely understood them and never talked to them again. The situation that shocked me the most was when I apologized to George and Martha, they were surprisingly not mad at me, nor hated me. They said that they understood what happened, and that they forgave me, and so did Eliza. They're too kind, it was like they gave me the ok to keep playing... to keep living, and I did until... Theodosia died, when a storm caught her boat mid travel. That's when I lost all reason... I really felt like her father especially after she told me she didn't have a good life. Her parents replaced their love for money, yes she would get whatever she wanted but she wanted was their love and care. They were too busy with their work so she sometimes told me that me and Theo were better parents then her real life ones. This broke my heart and that's when I started being more a parent, took care of her and was actually quite overprotective. She convinced me to let her go on missions alone and the first few she came back safe but that was the first and last one she took overseas. And so I stopped playing the game, Lafayette and Hercules hated me and even if the Washington's and Eliza forgave me I felt like a failure, and so I focused on my education, and went to swimming lessons. I found that I enjoyed swimming a lot, it helped clear my mind and it somehow stopped the thoughts to resurface. I felt a tear slip down my cheek that's when I noticed that I had started to cry. "Gosh darn it, stupid nightmare." I said out loud to myself as I put my favorite music playlist. I still have a couple of more hours before I arrive at practically my new home.

~Time skip~

'Finally made it.' I thought as I stood in front of the small house. I was pretty sad when I found out the university didn't have dorms, but they said they can still help finding a place to stay if needed. I did some research and found that they actually have a partnership with a house renting company. Apparently, years ago the company agreed to build houses near the university, for exchange of convincing a certain amount of students to rent there. I've never heard of something like that but as I entered the little neighborhood, I saw a bunch of what seemed to be students taking their luggage out. Looks like the deal has been quiet successful. The company has two little neighborhoods for this deal, one has much bigger houses, and are usually occupied by 4 to 5 students. If the taxes are divided evenly these houses are much cheaper but I hate socializing. I was awarded a scholarship that was enough to cover a 3-room house but even having two roommates seemed terrible. So thanks to my parents I was able to afford a two bedroom, one and that's where I'm standing. I feel quiet excited about starting my independent life but  I have to admit I'm very nervous. Plus, I have no idea who my roommate is and if he or she will leave me alone for a whole year, or be annoying. I also realize that next door is a small two story house, 'Hey that's the 3-room one I had my eyes on, how ironic.' I thought. I didn't see another car in front of the house, so I guessed I was first there. 'Great I'll have some time to myself before my roommate arrives.' I thought as I went and got my luggage from the trunk. I took out my key, which was shipped off to me a few weeks ago; I went to open the door, that's when I noticed it was already unlocked. I sigh, either someone broke in or the most probable option, my roommate was already here. "Well let's get this over with." I say out loud to myself as I twist the door handle and slowly open the door. Yup I was right, my roommate's already here, I could tell by the coat hanging in the coat-rack. I found that a bit weird, that he or she was wearing a coat mid-September, I mean I did bring one for winter, but it's in my luggage. Anyways, I walk down the hallway as I start feeling nervous. I stop in front of one of the bedrooms as I noticed a man sitting in the edge of the bed scrolling through his phone. He had very curly hair that almost reached his shoulders, he was wearing a black t-shirt with some jeans and had a bright magenta coat hanging from his arm. "Oh um... you must be my new roommate, I'm Aa-" I start as he looks over at me and rudely interrupts me. "Actually, I'm not. Your roommate's in the bathroom." He said, saying the word 'roommate's' a little weird, almost spiteful. "Oh..." I say as he gets back on his phone. 'Is it me or does this guy already hate me?' I think to myself. I was already freaking out by the awkward atmosphere, that he didn't seem to get affected by. That's when I hear the door behind me open. 'Oh thank God that must be him.' I think as I turn around and see a man come out of the bathroom. He had short hair, a parting line on his left, dividing his shorter hair from the longer wavy hair that goes to right and almost covers his right eye. He was wearing gray sweatpants and a dark blue and white striped t-shirt. "Oh, Thomas why didn't you tell me my new roommate had arrived." He said with a slight smile. I heard "Thomas" tch behind me. 'Is it safe to assume he hates me now?'"I um... Aaron Burr." I said nervously extending my hand for him to shake. 

"James Madison." 

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

A/N: 

Whaaaaat? Aaron and Alexander aren't roommates? Is what you're probably wondering. And well... I don't really like cliche stuff. Like yes this story will probably have its cliche scenes here and there but not that much. So if you don't like slow stories then sorry...? Also, for those who haven't listened to the deleted Alexander Hamilton songs, the at the beginning of this chapter is Dear Theodosia (Reprise) its basically the song where Aaron tells little Theodosia that mommy died :'(. Anyways, things are starting to get interesting, come back to know more!