Chapter Two

The ambulance pulled into the emergency section of the hospital. The medics jumped out with Tony, Ziva right behind him. They made it inside and hooked him up to an IV. They checked for any internal bleeding, and when they found none, they moved Tony to his own room for observation.

Ziva sat in the chair to the right of him while Gibbs stood in the corner watching his two agents.

"They said he was injected with a steroid Jethro. The kind that fighters use to become aggressive. They're trying to run it out of his system but they don't think it will be fully gone when he wakes." Ducky stated, with a concerned look on his face.

"What does that mean, Duck?"

"It means he will be very aggressive upon awakening. We need to restrain him. Even if we hate doing it." He looked at Tony in the hospital bed.

'Oh Anthony, Please we are sorry, my dear boy.' Ducky left the room to give them some privacy. Gibbs moved over to Ziva, putting a hand on her shoulder. She looked up, her eyes were trying to not convey what she was feeling, but was failing miserably.

"They have to restrain him?" She asked in a hushed tone, careful not to disturb Tony. Gibbs gave a slight nod.

"No, Gibbs. We cannot do that to him." The tears started pulling in her eyes. Gibbs leaned down and gave her a kiss on the head, to signal that he wasn't happy about it either.

"He's going to be aggressive when he wakes up, Ziver. We don't need him hurting himself more, or hurting anybody else." He tried to reason. Ziva shook her head, not having it.

"Maybe if we show him something that he loves, it might calm him down." She refused to let them restrain him. Tony would never hurt anybody if he could help it.

"Then you should be the first thing that he sees." Ziva whipped her head up to meet Gibbs'. Stunned but not too stunned seeing as it was Gibbs after all.

"What?" She was having a hard time looking him the eyes. How do you tell your boss, the man you think of as a father that you're in love with your partner? Even if he already knows himself.

"I'm not blind, Ziva." Was all he said in response. Rendering Ziva into silence.

"What about Rule 12?" She asked after a few moments of silence. Gibbs gave her the look. Yeah, that look.

"Keep it out of the office." He said and walked out to get the others. Hopefully seeing them upon waking would cause Tony to remain calm and relax enough to where the wouldn't have to restrain him. Ziva sat there, going over the conversation that she never thought in a million years would happen. Especially not in this way. She put her attention back on Tony. The others entered the room and sat in various places. Ziva wouldn't leave her spot next to him.

All of sudden, the heart rate monitor started beeping uncontrollably fast. Tony was thrashing in his bed, tightening his grip on Ziva's hand, so tight she was sure it would leave a slight bruise.

Tony was waking up.