Chapter 13

"This is such an ungodly hour to be up," Dali groans as she sits down at the table. I nod and sip my orange juice, trying not to fall back asleep. Lilac is currently in the shower so I have to wait for her to get out so I can get ready.
"When I said I wanted to do something new this Saturday, this is not what I meant," Jul says walking into the kitchen, his hair slicked back. He sits down at the table and puts a napkin in the collar of his new tuxedo so he doesn't get anything on it.
Lilac walks out of our room and I get up from the table to put my dishes away. I kiss her quickly and then walk to our bedroom. I walk into the bathroom and strip of the night clothes that they gave us.
I look at the huge amount of faucets on the wall and frown. Why do I need so many. I look and see that some are for different scents of body wash and shampoo. The conditioner ones are above them all at the very top.
I turn on the hot water and jump in the shower. I turn one of the knobs and body wash comes out and sprays me. I get it in my mouth and spit into the drain.
I quickly get out of there, not liking the fact that I can't use my own soap instead of getting sprayed. I set off with the fluffier towel I've ever touched and wrap it around myself. I walk into our bedroom and see Lilac sitting on the bed.
She looks over at me and squeals, hiding her face in her hands. I laugh and grab the clothes that the government delivered when we we're asleep, off the dresser.
"Sorry," I say as I quickly walk back into the bathroom and shut the door. I set my hair and do a single braid behind my head. I slip on the blue dress that goes down to my knees. I look in the mirror and smile. It looks really nice.
I decide against shoes, if we're on camera that shows above the waist we won't need them anyway. I walk out of the bathroom and see Lilac putting stuff on her face. Dali sits beside her doing the same thing.
"What are you putting on your face?" I ask. Jul walks in and has the same look of confusion that I do. Dali pays the bed beside her and I sit down next to her.
"Face me and close your eyes, " she says. I turn her way and close my eyes. I feel something brush over my eyelid and I pull away and open my eyes. She holds a brush that looks really fuzzy and has blue powder on it.
"It's blue eyeshadow, it won't hurt you. It's just makeup," she says. I move back over to her and close my eyes again. She brushes the blue shadow over one eyelid and then moves to the other. Then I feel the brush on my cheeks.
"Pucker your lips, " she says. I raise an eyebrow but she just shakes her head and tells me to do it. I do it and she takes out a stick and smears stuff into my lips. I walk over to the mirror and like the stuff, except for whatever is on my lips.
"I don't like the stuff on my lips, is there a way to get it off?" I ask her. She nods and hands me a wipe. I wipe the stuff of my lips and they are back to their normal pink color. I throw the wipe in the trash and wait for Dali and Lilac get done with their makeup.
They get done and we walk into the room that's all set up. I sit down on one of the chairs and spin to face the others. They smile back at me and then the alarm goes off. I grab a headset that's on my desk and put it on my head.
"Okay so we need Yuku and Jul to direct the troops to the main city. Can you do that?" Someone asks on the intercom. I nod before realizing they can't see me and then reply with a yes.
A video of troops marching comes up on my screen and I realize that it's in actual time. I hear Jul asking where they are currently and then we start directing them through the cities and deserts.
Lilac and Dali mostly watch. They bring us food during a break and I kiss my girlfriend and thank her. She smiles at me and hugs me. We eat our quick lunch and then me and Jul go back to commanding the troops. They move through the cities we did in just one day by cars, instead of taking a month on foot.
They finally stop for the day and someone tells us that we can leave now. I set my headset down and stand up from my chair, stretching to try and get the stiffness out of my limbs. Lilac and Dali walk in and sit down on their chairs.
"So how was it?" Lilac asks. I shrug and walk around the room, trying to stretch my legs. Jul spins around on his chair and has a similar response. It was really boring to be honest, not that I would ever admit that to the government.
"It was okay. Not as fun as video games though," I tell her. She nods and walk over to me, hugging me around that waist and setting her head on my chest.
"Missed you too, " I whisper in her ear. She pulls back and I follow her to the kitchen where dinner sits on the table. Dali and Jul walk out of e room and we all eat dinner together, finally talking for longer than a minute again since this morning. 
We chat at the table and laugh and I can relax for the first time today. I grab Lilac's hand under the table and squeeze it while we eat. I missed being with her.
"I love you," I whisper in her ear. She looks over at me surprised and I smile back at her. She kisses me quickly and then turns back to her food.
"I love you too," she replies.