Chapter 12

"We started a war?" Jul yells, standing up from the couch. Dali gets up and tries to calm him down but he won't stop pacing and screaming. I get up off my seat and slanging across the face making him stop.
"We did not start a war. We simply told them about the conditions in the North," I tell him, my hands on his shoulders. He sighs and hands his head, apologizing for startling Dali and Lilac. They laugh and Dali pats him on the head. 
We hear a knock on the door and a government person walks in a moment later. They sit down on an armchair by the couch and we all wait, wondering what they're here to say about the war.
"You caused the war. You have is the information that can destroy them," they say. I look at Jul and I'm pretty sure that he's going to punch something. I take Lilac's hand in mine and she squeezes my hand lightly.
"We want you to be commanders from here. We will give you headsets so you can direct troops. We are gathering forces today, you start tomorrow," they say. They get up from the chair and walk out of the room, leaving us all in silence again.
Jul gives me an "I told you so" look and I frown. Cool, had a government official tell us that we're commanders who started a war, just a normal Friday. I sit back down and lean against the back of the couch.
"Any one want to play a video game? I'm done with all the heavy stuff today," Lilac says. I nod and sit up. There's a PlayStation 4 connected to the television and we download 'The Escapists'.
We play on our tablets and phones while we wait, staying off of social media so we don't have to see the war stuff. Lilac tells us the game is downloaded a few minutes later and we all grab a remote.
We make PlayStation accounts and then log into the game. We design out characters and start playing. Jul gets in solitary confinement in the first ten minutes of the game, and Lilac manages to steal some duct tape.
Dali starts a fight during lunch and I beat up a guard and steal his uniform. I hide it in the secret compartment in my chest and then we all prepare to break out of prison. We stick pile a lot of good so we can get a lot of energy.
We get wire cutters and go to sleep. Then the next day, we go outside after role call and breakfast. We cut the fences and escape. I look at the time and see that it's only one in the afternoon. I groan and lean on my hands, watching Lilac and Jul argue over what game to play.
Dali looks just as bored as I am. We make eye contact and I nod my head towards the kitchen. I get up and walk in there, sitting down on the counter. Dali walks in a few minutes later.
"Lets make some food. We haven't had lunch yet," I tell her. she nods and I open the fridge to see a hole bunch of food. I'm still in awe over the fact that people here usually have their cupboards full. 
I look over and see that Dali is staring at the fridge in awe and realize that this must be a lot of stuff, or very good. Jul walks in and stares at the fridge before taking out a huge cod.
He cuts the fish up as Lilac walks in and sits down at the table. Jul puts the fish in a pan with frying oil. I grab some dragonfruit and starfruit. I set them on a different cutting board and take out a knife, chopping them up and putting them in a bowl.
I set the bowl down on the table as Jul takes the fish out of the huge pan. He sets them on plates and puts them in front of us. We sit down and eat the deep fried fish and fruit.
People start barging through the door and into one of the extra rooms. They bring in a lot of electronic equipment and set it up while we eat. I put a piece of fish in my mouth as a man sets a envelope down on the table and walks away.
Lilac grabs the envelope and puts it away in her pocket. We keep eating and I finish my fish, complimenting Jul. He tells us about all the different things he makes at his job and that he made this recipe on his own. He makes an alarm on his tablet to take Dali's phone and call his work sometime tonight.
We finish eating and I put our plates in a dishwasher. We eat the last few prices of fruit and then put the bowl in the dishwasher too. We walk into the living room and look into the room the people are working in.
They're setting up microphones and computers. The once bare room is now full of tables and electronics that I've never seen or heard of before in my life. Judging by the way Lilac is looking at the stuff, I doubt she has either.
We walk over to the couch and sit down, watching people come and leave with boxes and electronics. Soon they stop coming back and the work is done.
People start walking out of the apartment, some waving to us as they leave. Then the apartment is silent again. Lilac pulls out the letter and we stare at the wax seal on the back of it.
"Open it," Dali tells her. She nods and takes the wax off, pulling open the envelope. She takes the letter out of the envelope and carefully unfolds it, clearing her throat.
"You start tomorrow at seven in the morning. Make sure you are up, have eaten, and look presentable, " she says. I look at her with a brow raised. She shrugs and hands me the letter.
"That's it besides directions on how to use the technology, " she says. I look it over, and like she said, that's it. I hand it to Jul and Dali looks over his shoulder to read it.
I guess we are commanding a war tomorrow.