Chapter 6

Past:

The breeze outside reminds me of the time my father and I went camping, my mother stuffed a Jansport bag full of our bathing suits, shorts, t-shirts, and sunblock. The heat made clothes cling to your body. My father pitched a tent, started the grill, we swam, I can still hear his laugh now. Unexpectantly, everything took a turn that day, it's close to bedtime and a storm strikes. Rain pours and pours and beats against the tent, rattling it. Moms freaking out, dad just laughs, so hard it carries with the storm. He leaves the tent arms spread out; he's spinning now.

"Olivia get out here!" he yells trying to speak over the rain.

I leave the tent and instantly want to run back inside.

"Yeah pops!" Now I'm soaking wet and shivering.

"DANCE! RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW, TAKE IT ALL IN."

"Pop's dancing in the rains just a figure of speech."

He takes me by the wrist now "feel the, enjoy it"

My mother comes out and runs to us both

"Are you both nuts!" she shouts

"Damn straight" my father's laughing again.

I move and run around in the rain taking it all in

"I told you Livi you have to live, enjoy every second of life before it's cut short."

Just like that, the rain stops, were all sopping wet and laughing the air just held a faint breeze.

The basements warm, Jace is talking to Lindsey and I begin to make friends with Aiden.

"Okay I call bullshit" Aiden runs his fingers through his hair even with the amount of drinks he's had he comes off pretty sober.

Present:

"Bullshit? No, I really did like you in like second grade." I tell him in hopes that by tomorrow he will forget.

"Damn Olivia Grey wanted me" he points to himself while taking another swig of beer.

"I mean I guess if you look at it that way."

Right now, I feel happy, for a moment I forget that my mother rarely leaves her room, I forget about the bills, work, and school.

"Funny, I used to like you too, then I met Ebony." He smiles over my shoulder at her.

I find them to be cute together. Ebony approaches us, her long dark hair goes right past her waist. She's wearing a skintight red dress.

"What are we talking about" she latches on to Aiden's arm.

"Oh, nothing much just how beautiful you are." He's staring at her in awe and I can't help but admire that.

Since Jace is busy with the vampire and now Ebony and Aiden are turning into vampires themselves I go approach, Marcos.

His bun looks right with his features, his skins tan, eyes almost look golden, his face prominent. I sit next to him on the couch.

"Bored yet?"

"No, actually, not yet at least."

He's looking at me now, as though he needs to crack some sort of code.

"I thought Jace brought me out here to kill me I blurt."

Marcos can't stop laughing.

"Yeah this place is pretty much off the map I don't blame you."