Chapter 21~ Furball

Katherine's POV

"Pink knee-length pencil skirt with a crop top?" Kien gestured showing me the pair.

"No pink it too girly" I shook my head.

"This purple dress?"

"No, this it too purple for his liking." I rejected.

She again walked in my wardrobe and brought a pile of clothes.

"Green?"

"I don't have matching shoes."

"Black?"

"Too tight."

"It will show your curves." Kien protested.

"He will shift to his protective mode and growl at others our whole date and it will get ruined"

An hour later my whole wardrobe was empty and all my clothes were heaped at the side of the room with Kien sitting at the edge of the bed with head in her grasp.

"Kate you are hopeless; you can take a decision of the whole species but not to wear on a simple date." She mumbled.

"Hey, it's not my fault that this is my first date. I can make choices for a hundred thousand individuals effectively on the grounds that I have done that from several years"

"Kate." James was shouting from the other side of the door.

"What is it?" Kien opened the door.

"There was this parcel for Kate." He handed her the bundle.

It was silver shading wrapper with red strips on the two sides and a bow interfacing them.

"To my beautiful Katherine. Hope you like it."

I read and automatically my cheeks started to burn.

"Aww... Damon is so romantic open it, open it." Kien was so dramatic

I chucked and opened the wrapper.

There was a blue colour box which contained red colour knee-length satin dress with silver sparkle at the edges, frill my favourite. It had a boat neck and was sleeveless.

I touched it. So soft.

I took the dress and showed Kien by putting it on my body, swirling around, making the dress's frill bloom.

"Woooow" she extended his w too much.

"Yeah right, I will wear this. Wait a minute coming right back."

I went into the bathroom with my speed. Put on light make up. Mascara, blush, red matt lipstick and eyeliner. I slipped off my dress and curled my hair.

As I came out of the bathroom, Kien was standing with my red heels in her hands showing me to wear.

"Thank you." I took it and slipped it on.

I looked at the clock. Still, fifteen minutes left for his arrival.

"Kate. I want to tell you something." Gina said entering the room.

"You look hot." She said pressing her index finger and thumb gesture.

"Thank you. I hope he likes it."

"Trust me, his friend will like it too." Kien chuckled.

"I came here to tell you that you ought to overlook all stresses that are coming. Today is only your day. Yours and Damon's. Simply disregard the war and prescience for a night and appreciate. I realize this is your first date and you are anxious like hellfire however for us werewolves, mate is all they have whom they trust more than their life, cherish them unequivocally. You have at long last discovered him." Gina stoke my hand.

"Construct your trust with him. He is a piece of your life. Love is nothing without trust, only an empty box. You have to fill it with trust. You have experienced quite terrible shit in past yet don't give it a chance to demolish this. Give him a shot" Kien recommended.

"You know that I need way more than trust to tell him things, my secrets because it not only involves me or you but hundreds and thousands of us. I have never experienced like this in my entire life. I feel more vulnerable when I have to trust someone. What if he betrays me and after I let my guard down, he runs away with my secret and I don't want that. I am Queen, not some girl who gets betrayed by love."

"Katherine, don't overthink just once. He must be in the same situation as you are. I think you know about betraying you. You can read his mind. Plus I think he is more vulnerable, he is in the same situation as you are but he doesn't have to mind-read." Gina reasoned with me.

I shrugged. I guess they were not wrong. I will try and trust but not let my guard down.

"Thank you for being with me and helping me but I don't know. I realize that I like him and I need to believe him however I am anxious about the possibility that he will break it. Hell, I don't know if he likes me or not. Keep in mind that I am a vampire. We are adversaries forever. I don't even have a slight idea on the chance that he will acknowledge me."

"He likes you or else he would have not invited you on a date and send you this dress. Stop being so dramatic." Kien rolled her eyes

"Yes, that was dramatic." I chucked.

Suddenly the doorbell rang.

"He is here." Gina excitedly stood up and went to open the door.

"You look pretty." Kien squeezed my hand, I nodded.

There was a knock on my door and my breath suddenly started coming short and my heartbeat increased.

The door opened and my heart stopped. There stood the most mouth-watering man I have seen. Damon was standing in his back suit and white shirt with black trousers.

His hair was gelled in an ideal way and his eyes emerge, shimmering with bliss puncturing my spirit. He was standing with a bouquet of red roses. My favourite. His grin demonstrated his dimples. He was seeming as though he was out of the displaying magazines

He walked confidently towards me not breaking the eye contact even once.

He was a hot, handsome fur ball

*********

I hope you liked the chapter. Please vote so that I know there is someone reading my chapters.

I never thought I will send them on a date soon but I have many things planned for them and mate bond was showing its colours.

Anyways

This or that?

Morning reader/late night reader?