Chapter 49: Prisoners

Katherine's POV

I was standing behind the tree in East Asia, glancing my watch, it's currently four in the morning and the sun won't shine before an hour.

I had a whole plan laid out, discussing it with Thor and Tatiya, learned all the spells that I would need for my mission. Practised it thrice, what can I say, I am a quick learner.

I had to start with the Hiding spell. I was already cloaked as Thor said, he cannot take any chances someone breaking it when done by me. I just had to hide, go inside without breaking the fucking barrier if there is any and go inside unnoticed.

So many things

I first rubbed my neckless, "Aaaglagija...Aaagliga..." and the candle in front of me started burning.

Good start I patted myself.

I put forward my hand and chanted, "Chopdiaaija.....Chopdiaaija....Chopdiaaija."

My, what my mother used to say, witchbook was in my hands. I opened it and flipped through the pages where I wrote my hiding spell."

I will only be able to hide for only an hour as I am not strong enough.

I took a deep breath, closed my eyes and start thinking of the lessons I took.

"Manechupadideh.....Koinedekhavinajoiye.....manebadhadekhavajoiye....Manechupdideh."

I opened my eyes.

I hope it worked.

I flipped to the next place where the next spell was there.

"Maneandarjavadeh....Koinekhbrnapadvijoiye....Maneandarjavadeh"

"Maneandarjavadeh...Koinekhbrpadvinajoiye...Maneandarjavade"

I looked up and the sun was started to rise.

Time to do some action.

I was nervous for the first time in my life, maybe it was something to do wait for my mate and death. I didn't know but I needed to calm myself. I can't afford to do something wrong because I am nervous.

I slowly started walking towards the small village at five km distance. I could see some lights on and small huts, maybe twenty-five or so. Looks like a small village in the human eye. Warriors patrolling some areas.

I went near and near the village, there are no wolves that I can see, maybe all are sleeping. Good, this will be easy for me.

From the corner of my eye, I saw a man coming out of the ground.

What did the hell, from the ground?

I blinked and saw it was Wilder.

But how from the ground?

I was so in my thoughts that I could not see him coming towards me. I froze.

What if I messed up the spell and I am visible? What if he hears my heartbeat when he is close enough? God Damm Kate you should have asked this stuff beforehand.

Now I can't do anything.

I did not dare to move a bit. He was seeing around the territory. His eyes rooming everywhere and suddenly hit me with mine. My heart skipped a beat.

SHIT!

He narrowed his eyes at me but did not take any action. I searched his mind but it was blank.

Damm the witch.

He opened his mouth and I was readily lunching onto him. I am the Queen and I don't mind if there are fifty wolves here, I can take them all.

"Guard the dungeon, I am going for some sleep. I have had enough talk with them." He shouted to one of the guards. He then walked passes me and entered one of the largest huts.

Good, I am not visible. The spell worked. I need to give something to Thor and Tatiya. They worked on me too hard.

But curiosity took me in. I wanted to see if Damon was there in the dungeon or not. After all, that's what I have come for. My Mate.

I walked towards the dungeon and that's when I saw stairs leading underground.

I quickly went down and I saw two guards were standing at the edge.

Their eyes landed on me, that I what I thought but I was behind them and snapped their necks and ripped their throat out.

We don't want the wolves coming back, do we?

Started walking towards the cells and that's when I saw him and I felt air was sucked out of my body. I let out a small squeal and tears started running out my eyes at the sight of my mate.

Damon

He was hanging in the air by chain mostly laced with a werewolf. His eyes were closed. Multiple slashes on his body, like he was beaten by a belt. Cuts on his legs from the knife. I could only imagine the amount of torture done to him.

He was naked but I could not see his skin. Blood, so much blood. Even on the ground where he was hanging, there was a small puddle. His hairs were sticking out from everywhere. His chest was going up down, but very slowly. I tried to hear his heartbeat, very faint. Searched his mind, blank.

Oh lord of Vampires, I need to take him from here soon. He needs aid.

"Kate?" I heard a familiar voice.

That's when I saw who was in the next cell.

"Kien?"

Again I was dumbfounded.

"Why Who How?" I tried making some questions.

She laughed.

She fucking laughed in this type of situation.

"Now I can die peacefully being the reason you can't get any word from your mouth." She laughed again but I could see the pain in that.

She was trying to make me in less surprise stage.

She has tied to the chair again with a chain but this time I guessed it was laced with vervain. Her clothes were torn mainly by cuts from a knife and other tools. Her eyes held pain and sadness. I could see the tiredness she was feeling. Her bright skin was now pale.

"How are you here? And if you are here who is in the mansion pretending it to be you?"

She opened her mouth but I cut her off.

"How can you see me?" maybe Thor taught me something that made my people see me.

"Of Course, I can see you. Why are you even asking that? You should have not come here unguarded." She reasoned, her voice hoarse.

"I think Thor taught me to spell that you can see me." I tried to open the cell.

I will rescue her and then Damon. I need to be out as soon as possible.

"How Thor can teach you to spell and that is not right, Thor must have messed up something. That guard saw you." She said as I yanked open the cell.

There was the sound of footsteps coming down and that's when the realization hit me.

************

What will happen now?

Kien is here then who is there?

Rogue king has seen Kate??

Why did the spell didn't work?

Read the next chapter to find out