Chapter 83: Battle part 1

Third person's Pov

"Kate, all of them are ready. Damon wants to speak to you before he shifts." James came to inform Kate when she was talking Kien about last-minute arrangements.

Kate shifted her attention to James and nodded, "I just want to tell you one thing. Don't die. My friend is waiting for her mate and I have made her promise that you will be fine so don't break my promise." She looked into his eyes, gratitude about all the years he served her.

She didn't know the outcome of the war but she was determined that she will save them before her. She knew she was hard to kill.

James, on the other hand, was very eager to complete the war and run into his mate's arm. he knew that with all the resources they had, they were going to win the war. He nodded and bowed his head to his queen one last time before the war.

All the troops were ready for the attack. There was no sign of Wilder not any of his minions were stopped near the border. Kate along with Damon and their army reached the stop as planned. The wolves sniffed the whole territory and assessed the grounds they were going to fight. They already knew the strengths and weaknesses of the territory so taking that into consideration, they laid their base where they can retrieve all the strength.

As for the Vampire, they all had a feast the night before the war. They all were fully fed with human blood collected from the blood bag as well as humans. The only rule that Kate laid was not to kill any innocent. So, many of them drank from the criminals to dry them out.

Kate dismissed Kien and went towards Group A which was lead by Damon. There were numerous wolves and Vampires standing in lines. Some of the wolves were already shifted while some were ready to be shifted. Some wanted to fight in their human forms and shift if necessary. The Vampires were standing with weapons in their hands, eye blood red and fangs extended ready to take their Vampire comrades.

The chilly morning wind gushed touching the skin of the warriors still, none moved an inch. The sun had not set in yet and the mountains were not helping to make the atmosphere warm either. No one could say it was not midnight but early morning.

"Damon?" she shouted from a distance where he could easily hear her. Damon was shouting last minute order and their strategy to his fellow group members.

Damon turned and smiled at her. His hand circling around the platinum band around his finger reminding him about the beautiful night he had three days ago. Katherine's parents did not wake up from their recarnication. Katherine had blamed her upon the incident but he had talked her out to focus on the war and promised her that they will do anything to wake her parents after the war was over.

Katherine tried to forget the incident but it was very difficult for her to overcome. Instead, she buried herself in the preparation of the war as well as she spent a ton of her time in learning many spells.

Damon started walking towards his mate. He was only in his shorts which would help him in shifting. He swirled his arms around his mate and kissed his mark on her neck. She smiled and snuggled into his embrace.

"I just wanted to do this before the war." Damon let out a breath. His hot airbrushing Kate's skin. "And this." He pecked her lips while she laughed.

"Please take care of yourself. I need you alive." Kate looked him in his eyes saying the sentence.

Damon rolled his eyes, "I can take care of myself. Darren is shouting on me fore days for having different groups. We need to keep an eye on you which is very difficult now. It is very hard to suppress Darren."

"Yeah coz I am near to immortal, so you need to make sure I don't die by a piece of glass." sarcasm dripping in her voice.

Damon raised an eyebrow while Kate went to check other groups not before exchanging I love you's and some PDA.