The Bitter Truth

//This is officially my most voted and commented on, and my second most viewed story. Tysm 💕💕

And with that, we were back two square one. Square one of course being hurt, confusion, and fighting in the middle of a living room with Will awkwardly watching us.

"What the fuck is this!?" I held up Alex's phone as I slammed the door open and pointed to his texts with Will.

Will closed his eyes and sighed. He seemed relieved, but somehow simultaneously terrified. Alex seemed worried at first. Scared. He had lied to me, been keeping things from me. And now I knew. And yet, despite all of our real emotions - fear, worry, love - anxiety always seemed to turn to defense. And defense meant fighting.

"You took my fucking phone?" Alex stood up from the lounge, where he had been sitting with Will, and stormed over to me.

"Don't act like you're the innocent one here! Don't act like you're the one being betrayed! You think I'm so dumb I can't tell when you're lying to me? We've known each other for years, Alex," I shoved the phone into Alex's face, and he took it in his own hands.

I watched my boyfriend's facial expression change, as he realised that defending himself would only make him out to be more of a bad guy. I watched him try to stay together, as tears formed in his eyes. He dropped the phone into his jumper pocket.

"Please, George, sit down," he gestured towards the lounge where Will was sitting, now also crying.

I didn't believe I had ever seen Will crying until then. Something crucial had to have happened.

"What's that gonna change?" I protested, "If you cheated on me, just tell me."

I heard a small cry from where Will wast sitting. His elbow was leaning on the arm of the lounge, and his head was resting in his hand. I couldn't completely see his face, but I was sure that, if I could, it would be red and filled with grief.

"He didn't cheat on you, mate," Will managed to get out, "He's a good person."

Alex turned around and walked over to lean in front of Will.

"Will, you're not a bad person," Alex put a comforting hand on Will's knee.

Well, maybe comforting to Will, but it certainly was not comforting to me.

"You made a mistake," Alex explained and Will looked up from the palm of his hand.

"Yeah, and then I hid it. And I made you hide it. And it's not even your fault, but George is gonna be pissed at both of us. And then once Mia finds out, I'll have no one," Will sniffled.

"I'm sorry, but what the fuck happened?" I felt extremely out of the loop, and very confused.

If Alex hadn't cheated on me with Will, what had they done?

"George... Do you remember when I started liking Will?" Alex dared not look me in the eyes, and he fiddled with the sleeves of his hoodie.

"Great, I'm thrilled to be talking about your crush on Will," I answered snarkily, "But, yes."

"Well, the reason was... Will and I slept together," Alex began to walk over to me, but I stepped away.

"Why? Why didn't you tell me?" I was trying to hold back tears of my own, just as before, "And when? Will and Mia- oh..."

Suddenly, everything made perfect sense. Sure, Alex and I had only been together for a month. But Mia and Will had been together for a lot longer than that. So, no, Alex hadn't cheated on me, but Will...

"Will, why?" I looked past Alex and laid eyes on the man who I had considered one of my best mates.

Will was taller than me, definitely. But in this moment, him crying on my lounge, begging for help, begging for forgiveness, he just felt like a little boy.

"Mate, I'm sorry," Will looked down, rather than even looking in my general direction, "I was confused... about... y'know. And Alex was interested... and I used him."

"How fucking dare you," My engines revved and Alex held me back, "All of this? All of this drama with Alex? The entire time I suffered in silence because he was obsessed with you? Was because you felt a bit gay one day and Alex was the closest target!"

"Mate-" Will began, and I cut him off.

"And Alex, even after all this," I turned to my boyfriend, still trying my hardest not to cry so as not to appear weak, "Your loyalties still lie with Will? Will tells you to jump and you do it?"

I watched as Alex began to cower, and in that moment, I truly believed that he deserved it.

"'Oh, Alex can you keep this secret that could jeopardize your relationship with your boyfriend for me?'" I began to mock, "'Oh, sure Will. Anything for you. George doesn't matter.' Are you fucking kidding me?"

"Please, George, it's not like that. I don't have any feelings for Will anymore," Alex pleaded, "I had feelings for you before I had feelings for Will. And I have feelings for you now. So, please?"

Alex grabbed my hands, but I pulled away.

"Just give me time," I wiped away a tear and walked back out of the door, leaving Alex and Will alone once again.

If that was what they wanted, that was what they would get.

//oOoOoO tEa