Sixth Chapter

Helena

"Pap, are you ready?"

The tail of the long red dress I'm wearing for tonight's party is laid on the couch, meanwhile, I try not to sweat -in order not to ruin the upper part of the dress.

"C'mon! They're waiting for us", when it comes to being on time for an appointment, my dad is the worst.

And I hate being late.

"I'm here. I'm here", he runs down the stairs fixing his papillon. "Sorry, I just wanted to be perfect for you", he kisses my cheek and follows me out of our house.

We soon reach his car and as we enter it, he turns on the engine and eventually we leave.

This year, Marvel came up with the idea of hosting a Christmas party, since some important actors are going to quit after the last movie comes out.

I know for sure that my dad will be one of them; his contract with Disney is coming to an end and I don't remember him telling me he renewed it.

I don't know who else is quitting, but I know he isn't the only one.

As we arrive, Pap parks his car in the first empty spot he sees, then he turns off the engine and I look at him for a moment.

"Do you know how proud I am of you? Really much", I kiss his cheek, before getting off of the car. "I'm so lucky to have you as my dad", I get caught off guard by him when he hugs me all of a sudden. I wrap my arms around his hips and tighten the grip. 

"And I'm so lucky to have a daughter like you", like the gentleman he is, Pap grabs my hand and helps me walking down the path -which isn't the easiest thing to do with the pair of really high heels I'm wearing.

Once we're in front of the entrance of the building, I gently squeeze his hand and turn my head to smile at him. The door opens, revealing us to people inside of it. Among all the others, I meet auntie Scarlett's eyes and give her a smile; she does the same. I'm about to move closer to her a pair of hands grabs me by my hips and I hear someone whispering to my ear: "Come with me". 

I may have a clue about who's the man just 'kidnapped' me.

I'm brought to a room where there is none and as they turn on the lights, I recognize him: Indio Downey -RDJ's eldest son. 

And one of my closest friends.

"Are you ready to give a speech in front of almost two hundred people? 'Cause I'm not!"

"What the fu...? How do you know I'm giving a speech and why are you going to give a speech as well?" that's totally crazy. "Is Robert quitting?"

"Yes. The Russos told me that your father is doing the same", he pulls out of his trousers a piece of paper and shows it to me. I don't grab it, but I can easily understand what is it. "So I repeat: are you ready? I'm not."

"I hate talking in front of people", I say still staring the wall I'm facing. "But I'll do it a thousand times if it regards my dad."

"Everyone is gonna cry this evening", Indio states having another quick look to his paper. "I just hope we don't on the stage." 

If I wasn't worried that much, now I am and I'm really looking forward to the end of the evening.

"I'll cry. Definitely."

Indio chuckles and crosses his arms over his chest: "I'll go first. I'm sure you have much more to say than me". 

I nod, agreeing with him: "That's probably true".