When you left... Lyric Imagine

Song - The End of the World
by Sharon Van Etten

I woke up in the morning to find Jonathan sitting up in bed. Sitting up beside him, I gave him a sweet smile and went to give him a kiss on the cheek. Just as my lips were about to meet his soft skin, he quickly moved his head. Getting out of bed without a word, he left the room leaving me empty and alone. He has been like that these past couple of weeks and it's killing me. I think I know why though...

Why does the sun go on shining?
Why does the sea rush to shore?
Don't they know
It's the end of the world
Cause you don't love me
Anymore

After eating breakfast and getting changed, I walked into the front room to find Jonathan sitting on the couch.

"I'm think I'm going out for a walk, you wanna join?" I questioned happily, hoping his answer would be a yes. Sighing, he looked over to me before releasing a breath.

"Yes, of course I will babe," he said as he got up to change though it honestly felt like he didn't want to join at all.

Leaving the house, we walked to the park at the bottom of our street. I tried to hold Jonathan's warm hands, longing for their sweet touch, but every time I tried he either put them in his pockets or closed them tight.

Why do the birds go on singing?
Why do the stars glow above?
Don't they know
It's the end of the world
It ended when I lost
Your love

The next day was nothing new. Woke up. No kiss. Watched Tv. No cuddle. Ate dinner. No hand holding. It was and endless loop of heartache for me, and I don't think he really cared.

I wake up in the morning
And I wonder
Why everything's the same
As it was
I can't understand
No, I can't understand
How life goes on
The way it does

Waking up Monday morning however, it was different. I woke to find Jonathan not in bed anymore. Getting up and walking down stairs, I found him sitting down on the kitchen table, dressed with a suitcase next to him. This was the day. The day I knew that was slowly approaching. Suffocating me each day as it got closer.

"Y/N," he spoke, his voice scratchy and low, almost distant.

"I think- I think we should break up," he said, finally saying those words that I knew would break my heart.

"It's not you...trust me...it's me. I just think it's for the best. I'm sorry Y/N," he said, getting down the from kitchen table, grabbing his case and making his way over to me.

"Goodbye," he softly said, giving me a kiss on the forehead before leaving me alone in our- my empty house with nothing but memories.

Why does my heart go on beating?
Why do these eyes of mine cry?
Don't they know
It's the end of the world
It ended when you said
Goodbye
Why does my heart go on beating?
Why do these eyes of mine cry?
Don't they know
It's the end of the world
It ended when you said
Goodbye