The Diner - J.G.B

"Oh shut up," I said with a laugh as Jonathan cheekily smiled at me. 

"What? It's the truth, you sometimes snore in your sleep," he said making me laugh even more.

"Omg, that's so embarrassing," I said as I covered my blushing red face from my boyfriend.

"No it's not," he said, gently grabbing my hands and moving them away.

"It's cute," he added on making me laugh again.

"Liar," I simply said making him laugh. Just as his laughing died down, the waitress came over with our burgers and milkshakes making me smile.

"Our best food for our best customers," Lily, the waitress said.

"Why thank you," I said looking up to the older lady with a smile.

"No problem babes, it's nice when you're here and not out on an acting job. You guys fill up the room with better energy than those old folks," she said looking over to Alan, one of the older men that come here.

"You love me really Lily," he called over making the waitress roll her chocolate brown eyes.

"Yeah, yeah," she said, waving her hand in a dismissing way before looking back to us.

"Enjoy your food you two," she said with a sweet smile.

"Thanks Lily," Jonathan called as she walked off making her smile in reply. Digging into our food, my mouth watered at the delicious taste. 

"Mmh, this is soo good," I said, a smile placed on my face that only came out when eating food. Chuckling to himself, Jonathan looked at me making me look up at him.

"What?" I asked as I put a fry in my mouth.

"You say those exact words every time we eat here," he taking a sip of his milkshake while just looking to me.

"Not my fault it's perfection," I replied making making him laughing.

"I love you, Y/N," he said making me look into his eyes and smile. Grabbing his hand, I gently rubbed my thumb over it.

"I love you too, Jonathan. So much," I said, giving his hand a small squeeze.

"But not as much as this food," I joked, going back to eating making him laugh. Just as I was putting another fry into my mouth, the door bursted open making me jump in surprise. Turning around, I looked who came in. My blood turned cold once seeing it was masked man holding a gun. My heart stopped as he stepped further into the room. 

"Everyone up and get on the floor!" He demanded making everyone in the diner jump up from their seats and do just that. Walking around the room, he looked under all the counters and tables before heading over to Lily making my heart beat even fast.

"No," I mentally thought.

"Get up! Open the cash register!" He screamed making tears fall out of Lily's eyes. 

"I swear to God! If you don't stop crying I will shoot you!" He screamed again as he clocked the gun.

"Come on Lily. Stop."

"Right, that's it," he said making me jump up.

"No!" I yelled making him spin around and pull the trigger. 

"Y/N!" I heard a familiar voice yell as the robber ran out of the store. Gasping for air, I fell to the floor. 

"No Y/N...no," I heard Jonathan plead as he lifted me into his arms. As I looked up, I saw hispale face covered in sadness. His deep, ocean blue eyes brimmed with tears ashe looked down to me in his arms. 

"I'm...s-sorry, Jonathan," I weakly said as the familiar iron taste filled my mouth. I desperatelyclutched his soft, warm hands as tears rolled down my cheeks.

"I love you, o-okay. Remember that," I breathlessly said as I could feel the blood on my hands. My eyes began to close as my chest became tight. His hoarse voice called out my name and that was the lastthing I heard before darkness invaded my vision and I was gone...