Underneath Her Mask

Natsune Kitsura was a loyal servant to Uchiha Madara. She followed his orders, his dream was hers and she worked to help him attain it. She had no sense of self—that is to say, it was burried so deeply that it would take many years to bring it to the surface.

She believed that she would always be at his side, ready to defend him and attack on his orders. In fact, she was certain of it. He had rescued her from the lowest of the low and for that, she would be eternally grateful.

Or at least, that is what she believed.

"Uchiha-sama, you summoned me?"

He turned from the view the window offered, glanced at her through his mask. She stared back impassively.

"I have a job for you Kitsura-san. It is a job that you shall find...difficult...given your past. But it must be completed no matter the cost. Consider it a test of sorts...to prove your loyalty."

He whispered in her ear the assignment. She tried to complete it, she truly did, but in the end it failed. Her past haunted her with a bloody and painful vengeance.

For her failure she was punished in ways she had never thought to be hurt again. Her trust lay broken to shatters at the end, her faith in the world crumbled to dust. She couldn't stay where there was a chance that that would happen again.

So Natsune Kitsura left, intent on never returning. Her faith in the world was tenous, her trust in people more cautious than normal. An instinct to flee had been embued deep and when trouble came, she knew she would be able to leave at a second's notice.

So with little hesitance, Natsune Kitsura, a criminal to the nations, became a traitor to criminals.