'Ick'

After three weeks of working at the bookstore alongside Daisuke, I had an apartment, I had money, and I had a few more clothes than I'd had before. As soon as I'd had spare money to buy clothes, I bought three sets of boy clothes and bandages to bind my chest. Daisuke burst into laughter the first time he saw me in them. I didn't care what he thought. Being a boy was the only thing that was going to keep me from being discovered and thrown in prison. Or worse; found by Madara.

I ran a hand through my hair as I restocked one of the shelves. Most of them were no organized, thank Kami, but there were still a few with the less popular books that were a jumbled mess. The bell tingled, signalling a customer had entered. I peeked through the shelves and rolled my eyes slightly. It was a man with silver hair and a mask. His hitai-ate was slanted, covering his left eye. He'd picked up one of the smut books written by Jiraiya of the Sannin.

"You really are quite attached to those books," Daisuke said, amusement dripping from his voice. "I should just start reserving them for you at this rate..."

"They're a good read," the man defended. "Excellent plot."

I scoffed quietly, dismissing their conversation. There was no saying those books were good. They were nothing but smut with a bare undercurrent of plot. Why else would all those men read them?

"Ryosuke! Can you bring that shipment of Kurosami novels?"

"More smut? Kami help me if that's all men think about."  "Sure thing old man!"

I pulled out three blue books and stood, carrying them to the counter. "Here old man. Please refrain from reading this...ick in front of me."

"Ick?" Daisuke asked, his eyes glinting with amusement. "It's literature boy."

"Whatever that is, it's not literature," I said bluntly. 

The silver haired man looked afronted. "Icha Icha is literature! It's the best there is!"

I shrugged. "You have your opinion and I have mine," I said indifferently. I turned and returned to the shelves, not noticing the odd look I got from the silver haired man.

__________Third person P.O.V.

"You've gotten a strange employee Daisuke-san," Kakashi said, his eyes lingering on the strange man.

"Eh...I suppose so," Daisuke said. "But Ryosuke-san works hard."

Kakashi nodded, turning away although his thoughts lingered on the man. He was intriguing.

"Don't get any ideas Kakashi," Daisuke said, noticing the intrigued look in the Copy nin's eye. "Natsune Ryosuke isn't a very trusting person."

"Natsune?" Kakashi asked. "As in Natsune Kitsura, the S-ranked criminal?"

Daisuke shrugged, nonchalant. "I don't know Kakashi. Ryosuke isn't very open. The poor boy seems to have been through a lot. I can tell."

Kakashi narrowed his eyes, glancing back at the man in question. He was arranging books on the shelves, occasionally letting out a soft curse. Kakashi turned back to Daisuke. "He may not be who he says he is," Kakashi warned.

"I know," Daisuke said, smirking. "But good help is good help as far as I'm concerned."

_________________________________________________Kitsursa P.O.V.

I was very careful to keep the reaction to my real name under wraps. So the man...Kakashi...was suspicious. Hm, he was smart. 

"So girl, are you Natsune Kitsura?"

Kakashi had left. I was ready to leave myself when Daisuke's questions stopped me. I glanced back at him. "What'll you do if I am?" I asked quietly. "Turn me in?"

"Why are you here?"

"I was tired of being a tool," I said quietly. "I started questioning my master...so I left."

He studied me, searching for any hint of a lie. I stared back emotionlessly. Finally, he nodded. "I'll see you tomorrow Ryosuke. Good night."

"...Good night Daisuke-san. And thank you."

__________________________________

A/N: It's moving along slowly...but it's getting there. Please enjoy!