Chapter 02

Song for this chapter: Bad guy by Billie Eilish

••••

Third Person's POV:

"Are you just going to stare at me like that?" Ryan asks the girl who just bumped into him and called him a wall. A fucking wall. She was beautiful though. Her brown hair was up in a ponytail, a few strands falling into her face. She had makeup on, the kohl making her hazel eyes pop. Those eyes were staring at him open-mouthed, her lips forming an o.

"Why the hell were you standing in the middle of the hallway?" She asked snapping him out of his daze. While he was checking her out, she had gotten up and now stood in front of him with her hands on her hips.

"I was not. You wouldn't have bumped into me if you were looking where you're going," He said. The students around him gasped. Why? He had no idea.

It was his fault but was he going to admit it? No. Ryan Miller never apologized or accepted his mistake in that case.

"I guess you're new here." Someone said behind him.

"Yeah, I am." He hated being the new guy but here he was. He had to blow a lot of funds on this damned university to finish the job he had been assigned. It was why he looked around the crowd gathered around them, searching for the face he was playing pretend for.

He still hadn't met that girl his employer had told him about but it was the first day. He ought to make some friends, right? But that still didn't answer his confusion as to why all the students gasped every time he talked to this pretty lady in front of him.

"Why would you ask that though?" He turned to the boy who had said that.

"Because no one talks to her like that." He answered.

"And may I know why?" He questioned again.

"Because I'm in charge here. No one talks to me like that. You better keep that in mind. This is my university and my fucking city. People don't talk back to me or stand in my way. Be grateful that I didn't bash your pretty head in for bumping into me." The girl said, pointing her index finger at him.

She had one hell of an attitude. He wondered what her father did if she was so fearless talking to him like that when cameras watched them perched in the corners of the hallway.

Wait, what did she say? She was in charge here. That clicked something in his head and Ryan knew immediately who she was. Eleonora Roberts. The girl he had been looking for for four weeks now. Even though he now knew who that girl was, he still played dumb.

Excitement filled his heart as he looked her up and down. A pretty prey this time. Who wouldn't want to chase a girl as beautiful as she? The wildness that surrounded her was nothing compared to the lethal look she carried in her eyes at all times.

For the few minutes she stood there, Ryan noticed that her head was always held high as if she knew what power and beauty she held. Her eyes were hard and cold as if she didn't have any warmth left in them or hadn't had any to begin with. Her face was a mask of ice, no matter how hard he tried to read her, he could not guess what she was thinking.

And that was what made Ryan a bit uneasy. He had never dealt with a person as cruel as her. Now that he knew who she was, her attitude made sense. She was the wrath the whole city feared. Every line of her face, every curve of her body screamed danger. His heart dropped a little at the thought of not succeeding. But he composed himself quickly.