The Talk

Forgetting all that happened, we said our night prayers and went to bed. Back in my parents room, Mum T2 tried finding out what happened today.

"Ife mi, olori mi, oko mi, how's your day today? You looked unhappy when you returned earlier. What's the problem"?

"Hmm, my jewel, I got a heartbreaking news today he began, today at work, the GM called the heads of departments today and gave a list of staffers to be laid off with a 1month notice, unfortunately, I was among them".

"Jesu! My enemies o, they have started again, what are you going to do now? After all these years of working with that company and raising them to such heights this is how they repay you? It will not be well with them, my God, where do we go from here now? Meaning you have to start looking for another job?"

"Yes my dear, but I'm scared, getting laid of with no reason, and you know how this country can be, with millions of fresh brains being poured out of the university yearly and unemployed, what's the assurance that I'd get a job and fast too? And you know how handicapped I am to other life skills, I put in everything to architecture... God! I'm doomed" he sobbed.

"It's Ok ife mi, we'll pull through, we always do. Remember when we got married newly and you had no job yet, we could barely manage 3 square meal but we survived. We will still survive".

"Honey things are different and harder now, especially with 4kids to take care of too, talk of fees, feeding, honey, it's going to take more than conquerors to pull this through".

"I know ife mi, God will see us through, you can begin submitting applications to companies while I try looking for schools nearby where I can also apply to teach, you know, put my certificate to good use" she chuckled, trying to make light of the situation.

"Come on let's pray together", kneeling down, they committed their lives, past, present and future to God who knows best.

Feeling relieved, Bode thanked his wife for her unwavering faith in him and promised to do his best in getting another Job. They agreed not to tell the kids for now as it was best that way.

Kissing his wife good night, she lay in his protective arms and drifted off to sleep.

Ife mi: My love
Olori mi: My king
Oko mi: My husband