15

I must have cried myself to sleep because before I knew it, morning had arrived. I cursed myself when I noticed the sunlight streaming through my window. I had definitely overstayed my welcome. I'm surprised Yoohyeon's mother hadn't stormed in here and dragged me away by the scruff of my neck. Heck, I'm surprised Yoohyeon herself hadn't done that either. They were probably all busy getting ready for the wedding ceremony, but that didn't mean I was welcome here in the meantime. I wasn't about to press my luck and stick around any longer. I quickly got ready and finished packing.

Once out of my room, I ordered an Uber and waited near the front door. I was studying the make and model of my driver's car when I heard someone call my name. I instinctively looked up and saw Minji racing toward me, dressed in a silk robe with her makeup only half done. She looked like a bride out of hell. I had no idea why she even wanted to see me, let alone while looking like something the cat dragged in. I could only gawk at her appearance in stunned silence. She ran to me, not seeming to care about anything else.

"Thank god I caught you before you left. We need to talk," Minji insisted between gasps.

"Aren't you supposed to be getting ready for your wedding? Besides, I'm not even supposed to be here. I should have been gone ages ago. My Uber's gonna be here any minute and Carl in the blue Chevy is probably gonna be pissed if I keep him waiting-" I was interrupted by Minji snatching my phone from my hands and cancelling my ride request.

"Carl be damned! I need to speak to my best friend. Now you won't be going anywhere," Minji smirked.

"Well, I'll be receiving a lovely cancellation fee from Uber now, so thanks for that. Honestly, Minji, what is even going on? It's your wedding day and you're wasting it hunting down the likes of me. You shouldn't even want to face me right now. In case you forgot, I basically ruined everything. Besides, no offense, but you should really get back to whoever is doing your hair and makeup. You do not wanna get married looking like that," I told her, wincing slightly.

"Gahyeon and my mother are two of the sweetest people I know, but they are both tragic at hair and makeup. That's one of the reasons I'll need you to return to your position as maid of honor," Minji said with a wink.

I blinked, "Wait a minute, you're asking me to come back? Why on earth would you want that? I literally admitted to being in love with you at one point and trying to sabotage your wedding!" I squawked.

Minji sighed, "Yeah, at first I never wanted to see you again. I was so upset last night that all I did was cry and wonder what went wrong between us. However, Siyeon came to me and told me that what you said wasn't the whole story. She confessed to being the one behind the plan and coercing you into joining forces. When she said all that, Yoohyeon and I were ready to kick her out too. We were both so angry that the two of you could do something like that. However, Siyeon also gave a personal testament to what a good friend you have always been, and insisted that she was the one who tainted you with her problems. Her speech was so raw and powerful that it brought Yoohyeon and I to our knees. We couldn't kick either one of you out after that. Besides, we'd already given Siyeon her check for performing at the wedding. So we decided to let you both back in and move forward with a fresh start. Our families were a bit upset with our decision, but they have to deal with it since this is our wedding day. So, what do you say? Will you be my bridesmaid once more?" she confessed, finishing her speech with open arms.

I wasted no time running into her embrace. That was my answer to her question. Soon the two of us were crying and hugging in the middle of the entryway to the guesthouse.

"I'm so glad you forgive me. I gotta admit, I much prefer being asked this time around. The brunch and basket of stuff was nice, but being blindsided about your marriage when I had a secret crush on you was not. Anyways, let's give you the kickass wedding you deserve!" I chuckled, grabbing Minji's arm and racing towards her bridal chamber.