Chapter 12 : Practice

Chris and Felix were on the academy's sports ground. Both boys were wearing gym cloths, but not their sporting uniform. Chris was helping Felix with his training to get on the team. Chris was wearing a yellow shirt and had a whistle. He was also holding a check board to mark Felix's skills with. Felix had a mostly black tracksuit on with a red stripe going across it.
Chris: Okay. Felix, we're gonna do some sprints. You ready?
Felix was kneeling down preparing to run. Suddenly from behind him a small orange thing caught his eye. It was a cat, it was ginger and had faint white stripes. It had pointy ears which freaked Felix out. It had a black collar on and when it ran its name tag jingled. Felix ran, screaming as it came towards him.

Felix: Oh! Ah! No, wait!Felix passed the line that Chris was tracking which Chris noticed was a much quicker time

Felix passed the line that Chris was tracking which Chris noticed was a much quicker time.
Chris: Sweet!
Felix: No! Ah!
Chris: Felix? Felix!
Chris noticed Felix hadn't stopped and the cat was chasing him. Chris chased after them both as the ran towards the forest. Felix had climbed a tree and was a few metres above the vicious creature, well that's how Felix would have put it.
Felix: No stop!
He shouted at the creature.
Chris: Felix!
Felix: Chris? Chris?
Chris: Whoa-Whoa-Whoa!
Chris noticed the situation
Felix: Chris, help me! This thing is a killer! He's gonna chase me down and rip out my throat. This is a vicious, rabid pack animal!
Chris: Hey, who told you that?
Felix: My mother.
He said slightly shouting
Chris: Black-Cat?
Felix nodded
Felix: She's an animal expert. A animal yellerer.
Chris picked up the cat and stroked it
Felix: Why are you holding him? He's gonna attack you!
Chris: Felix, you've never actually met a cat, have you?
Felix: Of course not.
Chris: Goose, meet Felix. Felix, this is Goose. He's the campus feline.
Felix: He doesn't look like a vicious, rabid pack animal. Jeez.
He took Goose from Chris's hands
Felix: You're a good boy, aren't you? You're a good boy.
Chris: I guess you guys have it pretty rough on the island.
Felix: Yeah. Let's just say we don't get a lot of belly rubs.
Chris: Good boy. I mean, you're a good runner. You're... you're fast, you know.
Felix: Oh. Yeah. Thank you.
Chris: Yeah. Listen, I'm gonna give you guys some space, yeah? You guys get to know each other and just, you know, come find me when you're done, okay?
Felix: Okay.
Felix started to feel awful inside, like a sad and ashamed feeling
Chris: I'll see you later.
Chris walked off back to the field.
Felix: See you out there.
He put Goose to his face and the cat licked his it.
Felix: Hi. Hi. Oh! Thank you.
The two sat next to a tree in the woods for a while.