Chapter 4: An unwanted visitor shows up.

It was something around 6p.m when my mum got home, "Did you know what happened?!?", she asked me with a terrified tone, "I have heard nothing mum, what happened now?" I answered. No chance to answer had my mum, as the doorbell  started ringing, "Pittsfield police open up" I heard and almost panic but then I remembered, "They got nothing on me", my mum was a little bit bewildered so I opened the door:
-What can I do for you officers?- I asked in a calm tone.
-We would like to ask some questions to your mum, is she at home?- one of them answered.
-She is in the kitchen come in please.
I took them to the kitchen where they sat at the table and before the interrogation started my mum sent me to my room. In that moment when I came into my room, I realized that I gotta get rid of the bag, just in case the police search the house. I picked up the bag on my shoulders, opened the window and ran towards the woods. I put the bag in a bush that was near a big oak tree, a place where it would be easy for me, but not for others, to find the bag again. After hiding the bag I rush into my room again and turned the TV on just in time, a police officer came into my room and said "We need you out, we have to search the room", "OK go ahead" I said and left. The police did not find anything to put any charge on my so they left and I must say they looked disappointed, I know that they wanted me to be the guilty one, what I was but they would never let them know that. They had some words with my mum and finally left at around 7.45p.m. We had dinner at 8.30 as usual some rice and fried eggs because my mum was "too tired to cook" and she went to bed. At 9.00p.m I jumped out of the window, run to where the bag was and took it near the river, there I set it on fire, the bag and the clothes were burning while I was washing the knife carefully in the river. The fire was wiping out and was nothing left but ashes so I decided to leave, the evidence had gone and I was "clean".

The 1st October, a beautiful Sunday afternoon, everyone was playing outside, except for me, as I had no friends I had no where to go, so I stayed in my house hidden in my room listening to music and looking at the ceiling, my mum had left a few hours ago to a meeting with her friends, and I heard the doorbell ringing I answered the door with no a great smilling face but i opened it anyway.
-My name is Oliver Roothfield- Said a man while handing me a presentation card.
-Eerrr.... What can I do for you Sir?- I answered when at just a quick glance saw the heading of the presentation card that said "Oliver Roothfield, Private Investigator".
-I am looking for Jessica Erwing.
-I am afraid she is not at home Sir.
-Well, that is disappointing, you must be her son Matthew- At that point I was feelling a bit awkward, "why does he know me name, I hate my name no one calls me like that, I prefer David".
-Yes, in deed. How do you know that?- I asked as calm as possible.
-You read my card, I guess you know how- That was scary I did not even stare two seconds at the card but he noticed it.
-Yes, I have some clues. Anyway what are you doing here- At this point I was a little bit upset.
-The Connery family hired me to find his son's murderer- That was something that completely slipped my mind when I planned everything, a P.I really?
-And... Why are you here? The police has already been here and they came up empty, and so will you.
-Haha! A foolish assumption child, I expected nothing more from a 15-year-old. I will come back when your mum is home
- He left and did not look back.

At around 9p.m my mum arrived, and the dinner was almost ready.
-How was your day?- I asked just to be polite.
-Nothing too glamorous, we just had some fun- she answered.
-A man showed up and gave this, he did not told me to but I guess I should give you this- I said to her while handing the card-He said, he needed to talk to you about those childs' death.
-OK, do not worry about that now. Let's eat and then go to bed honney, you hace school tomorrow.
We had dinner and I went to bed. In the next morning morning I woke up and the man was already there at 6.15a.m, I could not believed my eyes and I did less when he stood up from the couch and told me "Goodbye son", as if he had been there for a while talking with my mum. "That man is just beyond all bearing" she said to me while clossing the door. The decision was taken between the news, the police, the killings and that man, my mum was fed up of all the harrasing and decided to leave. We left by the weekend and traveled all the way to Manitowoc, Wisconsin a lovely city near the Michigan Lake, just another perfect scenario to keep with the killing spree.