Gambler

Hailey leaned against the bar table on the side C.C was sitting at. “God, he’s tiring when he’s not with you. It’s like he’s calmer around you.” C.C sputtered in disbelief. “Hardly.” “How do you do it? Teach me your ways.” She joked. “Can you at least calm him down though? Don’t want him to waste all your money again.” C.C stood up. “So that's what he’s doing.” Hailey tilted her head, confused. “What did you expect?” 

She pointed him into the direction where the table was, and he walked towards the direction. To no surprise, Ricky was at a gambling table, surrounded by other people chattering and laughing. C.C rolled his eyes and walked towards him. He softly put his hand on his shoulder, but he still felt him flinch under his touch.

“Ricky.” He said simply. Ricky turned his head around and a grin sprouted on his face. “Hey, Case.” He said, almost excitedly. “Are you wasting money again?” He noticed Ricky’s face slightly get red, but he stayed calm- something he was the master at. “No, of course not, Casey! Why would you ever think that?” Ricky said, sarcasm dripping off his words, making the other people at his table burst into laughter.

C.C growled under his breath and he was even about to spite him until he heard someone tapping their fingers. He counted the tapping: “Three, four, one, three one three three, one three one, one, pause. Four, one, one three one, one, pause.” He knew it was Hailey; from the direction the tapping was and because of how precise the tapping was. They both knew morse code just in case, so it only took him a minute to translate the message.

"They're here."

C.C looked around the bar and noticed two suspicious-looking people in the corner who were staring directly at them until C.C made eye contact with one of them. “Ricky, we have to go.” “Come on, Casey, don’t be a party pooper–” “Now, Ricky.” Ricky paused at the urgency in his voice and immediately stood up.”Sorry, fellas, I’ll be taking my leave now.” He quickly did a bow and followed C.C out of the bar, both of them waving at Hailey. 

“You were really acting like a dick in there, you know,” C.C growled. “I’m sorry, Case, I didn’t mean it if I offended you.” C.C was almost surprised at the genuine sincerity in Ricky’s voice, but he shook it off. “Come on, we need to leave. If we’re lucky they won’t come after us.” Ricky smirked at him as they got into the car. “That would honestly be a miracle if they didn’t.”

___

Ricky Goldsworth: Born October 29th, 1990, age 29; a gambler and former Mafia member.