Chapter 6 - Aftertaste

I could not find the right words to describe what I was feeling . One moment my heart was surging with love and flying the next it felt like it was laying on the ground as if someone had just walked over it.

That someone being Deimos Ace my mate, or whatever you could call him right now.

Rejection was something that was a rare topic, damn we studied it in our Were History classes where our ancestors would only reject their mate if he or she was a vampire or a witch. Even then it would tear them apart slowly driving the rejected insane.  We had studied the love story of Thea and Fernando, who were a werewolf and vampire in love. Thea could not bring herself to reject Fernando and was thrown out of her pack after which she lived with Fernando who was forced to kill her when she grew older than him. Thus was the myth.

But a wolf rejecting his own kind that was low and I had become a reject.

Jade howled in pain as tears ran down my face, I clutched onto the metal bars as a burst of burning pain spread through my body. 

"Harp? Alpha Ace is about to address the gathering, where are you?" Rachel asked through the mind link.

"I'm coming." 

Jade had formed walls between us upon hearing his name and I could not feel her anymore. What have you done Deimos?

I patted my face dry and walked back into the party, his scent so strong. 

The first thing I noticed was that Jace Hunter stood on a raised platform asking everyone to quite down and my pack stood close by. I walked over to them and Vincent and Rachel bombarded me with questions which I refused to answer now. I was sure my pack had felt the pain by their confused looks and I mind linked them that it was nothing. Trevor came and stood besides me, his light blue eyes looking at me knowingly as if he understood what had happened.

I looked away, focusing on Jace as he began speaking,"Well thank you all for coming! Tonight is a very very special night for the Red Atlas Pack." He smirked at his pack members. "To explain why, Alpha Deimos Ace will address you!" With that he backed down as Deimos who had put on a grey blazer strode up the stage. My heart clenched as I looked at him, his face bright and happy.

"Thank you Jace. Tonight is a special night indeed," he smirked as he swiftly glanced at me. "First I would like to call upon Miss Harper Davidson, second in line for the Alpha of Lucian Moon Pack." I froze. "Miss Davidson, if you may?"

Trevor clutched my hand causing me to look at him, he smiled reassuringly and nodded. I looked forward and caught Deimos glaring at him his eyes pitch black for a moment before regaining their nature brown.

I smiled back at Trevor before going upon stage feeling the eyes of about a hundred people on me, as I stood in front of Deimos with the bravest face I could muster. 

"Miss Davidson and I have sealed tonight as the night embarking our alliance to co- exist in peace." he smirked quoting me. "May our packs Red Atlas and Lucian Moon honor it with dignity." His voice boomed around the hall. 

Deimos then ordered someone to hand us some drinks, "To our packs." he said as he raised his glass. "To our packs." Wolves repeated and we took a sip, never breaking eye contact. 

As I turned to leave he said,"Miss Davidson? or Harper as I may? Will you please be my special guest on stage as I make an important announcement?"

I eyed him suspiciously, I knew something was up by the way his eyes glimmered knowing that I could not be rude on the foundation of our peace treaty. "Of course,Deimos." I noticed the way he flinched when I said his name.