Quarantine (special)

Hey guys it's me, and I was planning on doing a quarantine chapter even though the book is labeled as completed. Sorry but I probably won't be doing another one of these. I've been handling school-work and working on other projects of mine. Hope you're all staying safe, I love you guys.

"This could not get any worse.",I sighed, sprawled out on the couch as Zed was getting ready to make cookies. "Being quarantined with a zombie would be worse.",Zed joked, making me smile a little bit.
"Especially one who won't do my chores.",I pouted, making Zed laugh like a cliche villain mastermind. Finally the blood rushing to my head started to give me a headache, making me sit up. I peeked over the couch to see Zed just enjoying himself. Time to ruin that, wait now I sound like a cat!

I got up and made my way over to him, peering into the mixing bowl to see the mixture. With a quick flick of the wrist, the whisk came up, splashing batter all over my face. I gasped and wiped the gooey substance off my face with my hand, before wiping it on Zed's face. I giggled and he started to smile while looking at me.

My giggling faded, only to be replaced by nervous chuckling. "I'm in danger.",I realized. Zed plunged his hand into the bowl, slinging batter all over my flame. A surprised shriek escaped my lips as I was hit. I looked up at him with sad eyes, "You traitor.",I gasped, holding my heart dramatically. I grabbed two handfuls, dropping it in his hair, and I knew the gooey substance was going to be a nightmare to get out.

So much for cookies, because we were basically wearing them. Thank goodness my Dad was on a business trip so he had to stay there. He would have a heart attack seeing the house covered in cookie dough. Zed and I were currently lying on the kitchen floor, staring up at the ceiling. Not a word was said as we experienced the ambivalent sensation of bliss and dread. "I'm too young to die from being attacked with cookie dough.",Zed sighed.

"Technically aren't you already dead?",I asked, then a confused silence swept upon us as we thought about it.

"I have no idea.",Zed finally answered.

"So you're basically like Jason Todd, you died once then came back to life.",I questioned.
Zed rolled over to his side to look at me, his eyes boring into my soul.

"Why are you like this?",He asked with a smile.

"Would you prefer me any other way?",I asked with a smirk.

"No, I accept you for who you are, a crazy sociopath.", Zed said before tossing a small chunk of cookie dough at me.

"Oh it's on.",I smiled evilly, getting ready to start the next cookie dough war.

(Hey I'm sorry it's short I just have no motivation this week. It's not checked for grammatical errors or anything else. I'm sorry that this story is bad and seems completely childish but I just need to write about something fun. Please stay safe and keep on being awesome.)