XXXIV

Background music : get on your knees, Nicki Minaj featuring Ariana Grande

Reaching for his phone was a struggle but he was not a quitter. He clenched his teeth and then grabbed it off his bedside table. It was honestly not an easy task considering the intensity of pain bumping his limbs. He rifles speedily through his contact list, hissing in pain, and phoned the only friend he still had—Kim. At least, the friend he thought he had.

"Kim. I need your help" he whimpers biting his lip as not to scream

"Who that?" Marvin whispers lowly to Kim as she drew her phone to ear

She nods. Marvin nods back getting her signal. She leaves the doctor's office and scoots to the deserted flower garden of the hospital.

"What is it?" She hurls lightly

" I got these severe pains in my legs. I ain't been good for a week like shit. I can't move a fucking muscle in my legs...I'm paralyzed. I need help, could you come by?"

Her lips tug into a ruthless smile. This excites her mind. This meant she was close to freedom. She sighs internally. Her heart flutter as if she'd heard the whisper of an archangel.

"Hey Kim. You there?" He snaps her out her daydream

"Yeah...I'm kinda in the middle of something...have you called your doctor or any other help?"

"No. You the only person I phoned—"

"Sorry James. I'm very busy right now. I wish I could come by but I can't...take care of yourself" She hangs up. That pitiless grin still lingered her face . On the other side of the phone, his face glooms. He knocks his phone to the bed, "Bitch!" He bites his lower lip, "Gotdamn. I can't believe she shut me out when I need her help"

She stares at her screen for a moment " I ain't even start with you yet, James Brown...you gon' pray do hard and bad to see your casket when I start" She laughs fiendishly like those Disney villains.

Just then, her phone rings again. "What is it this nigga want?" She had thought it was James again

"Yo, Kim" she recognized the voice. Her eyebrows furrow in shock.

"Alexia?"

"Got that right"

"What's up now? I sent you your bread, in full and I even added extra, what you want now?"

"Kim, I'm pregnant..."

"How is that my fucking business, Alexia?" Her temper rises. She tries to conceal it in her voice but her efforts rendered futile

"Well Miss Kim it'd interest your rude ass balls to know...that nigga you made me fuck ain't wrap up his shit. Yes, you heard me—no fucking raincoat" she says with sass

"What?" A real harsh in her mellows, "That's a lie. How the fuck did y'all bang without a rubber? You got to be fucking kidding me"

"I don't remember what exactly happened. It's either he did wear  some leaked shit or he didn't or shit just went wrong for us"

"Don't pin your fatherless mistake on that nigga...hopeless bitch, I see what you trying to do. He a rich nigga and..."

"You think I'm—?"

"Look, I can bet that shit ain't his"

"I don't remember fucking nobody else. I'm 6 weeks pregnant... exactly six weeks after we fucked"

"You got this messed up. Find the father"

"Bitch, you dragged me into this shit. I said he the fucking father and I ain't playing with your jackass "