Chapter 10

10 | Jealous

Jealousy is ugly. Most specifically the feeling of it. It creates a heavy sensation to weigh on your chest and sets your stomach on fire. And Jennie Kim absolutely hated it.

It's been a month since Lisa had been courting her and to say she didn't like Lisa that way was a complete lie. Sure, she had her doubts but Lisa always knew how to push those doubts away with just a simple smile.

What bothered her however was that they both barely spoke the whole week due to exams coming up so Lisa's tutor had her busy. Of course, Jennie was happy that Lisa was finally taking her education seriously, but knowing she was with another girl practically everyday for hours had her gritting her teeth and clenching her fists in annoyance. Especially if that said tutor was Irene Bae.

Irene Bae.

Jennie shouldn't hate her, Irene was one of the nicest girls in the school, but she just couldn't help it. Irene was beautiful, kind, smart and funny. She was the definition of perfection. What makes matters worse is that Irene preferred girls over boys. Why was it worse? It's because she was scared that Lisa would fall for her. She'd fall for perfection.

So, you could say the reason why she entered the library in such haste was because she overheard a student saying how cute Irene and Lisa looked together in the library. And THAT was a big no no for Jennie.

Entering the library, Jennie walked in only to stop and hold in a breath seeing how close Lisa and Irene were seated next to each other.

Lisa's eyebrows were scrunched together in confusion with her tongue sticking out from the corner of her lips. Jennie would've giggled from how cute she looked, but with the way Irene's shoulder was pressed up against the blonde as she was pointing at something on Lisa's notebook, Jennie had no reason to even smile.

Not being able to handle the sight of how good they looked together, Jennie was ready to just bolt out of the room but Lisa suddenly lifted her head up and immediately locked eyes with Jennie. And, seeing Jennie, Lisa's tired eyes lighted up and she instantly grew a wide smile. That sight had Jennie's anger wash away.

Especially with the wave Lisa lifted her hand up and waved while mouthing 'Hi angel,' and winking right after. Jennie chuckled and mouthed a hello back. Irene also looked up and smiled wildly while graciously moving away from Lisa,

"Come join us Jennie," Irene called out. Jennie internally winced, not really wanting to witness their interaction in person but seeing Lisa nodding feverishly with her smile widening even more, how could Jennie refuse?

So, with a fake smile, Jennie nodded before walking towards their table. She nodded her head at both of them as a polite greeting while pulling out a chair and smoothly sitting down.

"How's the tutoring sessions going?" Jennie asked. Lisa groaned in annoyance and rested her cheek on her palm,

"I think my brain is ready to shut down."

Irene playfully rolled her eyes, "Enough with the dramatics," she teased which earned her a cute pout from the blonde. Jennie chuckled quietly but that chuckle instantly stopped the moment Irene lifted her hand and squeezed Lisa's cheeks,

"If you would have listened to me and actually slept at a proper time you wouldn't be struggling as much."

Lisa whined as Irene began to stretch her cheek before grabbing her hand and placing it down on the table. Jennie watched with a clenched jaw. Her eyes narrowed down at their hands that lay on the table.

Why isn't she letting go?

"I was practicing volleyball!"

Let go of her damn hand Manoban.