Finale

15 | Finale | Tournament

"What are you thinking about?" Jennie asked, her voice so soft that it warmed the heart of the blonde underneath her. Her chin was rested on Lisa's bare chest that was covered by Jennie's thin white sheets. Her fingers traced every delicate feature of Lisa's face that seemed to remain flushed from earlier. Lisa looked down and smiled softly, her fingertips drawing soothing circles on Jennie's naked back.

"Everything," Lisa breathed out, reaching over with her free hand to hold Jennie's hand that continued to touch her cheek. She closed her eyes and placed a lingering kiss on Jennie's palm. Lisa pulled back and held Jennie's hand against her chest while fluttering her eyes open, "Specifically you."

Jennie felt her cheeks turning a crimson red. Lisa's stare could be so intense that it would always leave Jennie feeling flustered and breathless.

"Why me?" She asked. Lisa's smile only widened thoughtfully. The blonde turned her gaze to the ceiling,

"Laying here beside you just feels so surreal," Lisa said, "When I first saw you I felt things I never felt before. It was terrifying but when our eyes finally met, it was like a switch. I wasn't scared anymore," Lisa said, smiling at the memory of the very first scowl Jennie sent Lisa. It was right after Lisa got hit on the face with the ball.

She tried flirting but Jennie simply scowled at her and walked away. And that same day was the day Lisa knew she was hooked.

"What did you feel when you first met me?" Lisa suddenly asked. Jennie scrunched her eyebrows together in confusion for a mere second before shifting on her side and rested her cheek on Lisa's chest. She grinned softly hearing the unsteady rhythm in the blondes chest. It was satisfying to know that it wasn't just her heart that entered a state of frenzy whenever she was around Lisa. She hummed,

"Annoyance," she teased. Lisa chuckled with a nod,

"That was pretty obvious, wasn't it?" Lisa asked. Jennie shrugged her shoulders an draped her arm around Lisa's petite waist. Jennie giggled,

"Who acts like that to someone they don't even know?" Jennie asked, feeling Lisa's chest shaking from laughter,

"Me," Lisa stated. Jennie chuckled before smiling lightly,

"But later on, I realized I was actually envious," Jennie added. Lisa remained silent which Jennie took as a way to continue, "You've seen how my family is like. Everyone barely smiles, laughs and  show any ounce of affection. So, seeing you and seeing the way looked so free and happy all the time, I wondered, why can't I ever be like that?"

"Wait, are we talking about the day we met or?" Lisa asked. Jennie grinned sheepishly,

"Actually, I'm talking about when I first saw you freshmen year."

Lisa widened her eyes and looked back down at Jennie, "What?" She asked. Jennie sat up along with Lisa, bringing that blanket up with them to cover their naked chests. The brunette tucked a strand of her hair nervously behind her ear,

"You don't remember this but in the first year of high school, your locker was across from mine. And you consistently annoyed the hell out of me," Jennie laughed out while shaking her head. Lisa playfully nudged her side with a tiny scoff.

"Okay, I am not that bad."

Jennie beamed up at her and placed a chaste kiss on Lisa's lips. "Let me finish," Jennie said with Lisa chuckling and nodding in understanding.

"Fine," Lisa said. Jennie smiled in triumph before leaning her head on Lisa's shoulder.

"You were loud, surrounded by so many other loud people and you seemed to always be happy. Yeah, you yelling everyday for no apparent reason was annoying, but after a while, I asked myself, why couldn't I ever have that kind of energy? Why couldn't I laugh with people like that?" Jennie paused and slowly intertwined their hands together and placed them between their bodies.