2

Please let me know if you enjoy the chapter. Thank you :-)

*My shout-out goes to Spain. Thank you all

*

Immediately they got home, Kara was surprised to see how far the preparation had gone. The whole Alfonsi's family had been invited and Angela, the young master Stephano's only sister would be around the next evening too.

Natalia, Kara's mother made Kara and Adrian join the other house helps while Mimi, the house help coordinated their activities. Natalia herself was busy in her room with some jewelries and a book she was reading.

They'd had that book in the house for years but it wasn't a novel or story book. It only contained images- ones which Kara even found weird.

The images of large dogs looking into the night, of wilderness, a very black bird, of the moon and of water under the reflection of the moon.

After two hours of running around and getting everything ready for the next day, Kara and Adrian went to their separate rooms in the mansion.

Her mother came in just after she'd showered and changed into Harry Style's pajamas and hair bonnet.

"How is school, Kara?" She asked gently.

"School is busy as always. The usual." Kara replied with a tired sigh and cleaned her face with her facial cleanser. When she was done, Kara fixed her mother an exasperated stare.

"We have everything prepared for tomorrow." Natalia informed Kara as if she cared so much about celebrating her birthday this way. Natalia had black, horse-like hair reaching the middle of her back with natural curls are the edges. Her honey brown eyes penetrated sharply whenever she stared at someone in a manner that had them confessing their wrong doings.

Kara would've just gone to a club and had a nice night to signify her initiation into adulthood. That was far better than all the warm birthday preparation that her mother was making but still, she appreciated it.

"Mama, you didn't have to go this far with my birthday. Couldn't we have just have had a nice dinner to celebrate it?" She plonked down on her SpongeBob themed bedsheet.

"You don't get it my dear. You deserve this and more. Tomorrow is a special occasion." The older woman beamed, looking no more than fifteen years older than Kara with her porcelain skin and bright, youthful beam.

There was no point in arguing this with her. It would only make Kara look like an ingrate, so she merely huffed and forced a small smile.

"Okay Mama. I'm tired right now. Is there anything you want me to do before I call it a night?"

Natalia smiled brightly at her, her rosy cheeks glistening under the brightness of her chandeliers. Kara eyed her bust and stomach, wondering if there was even any more need for her mother to gain more weight because she was okay as it was.

Natalia rarely ate. So Kara couldn't even begin to think of where all the fat in her body came from.

"No Kara. Just relax and have a good night rest. You'll need it for tomorrow's event. I need to speak with Adrian too so just go to sleep, and rest well." She told Kara hurriedly and went out.

Huffing, Kara picked her phone and groaned when she went through her social media apps.

She ignored the several unread messages on her phone and dropped it on the night stand, gently lying down.

A smile curved up her lips and she heaved a sigh.

Kara was going to be eighteen tomorrow. Then she could finally call herself an adult and even apply for freelance internship in the company. She needed to know more about her course and she also needed to prepare herself for the corporate world.