2. badluck

a.

„Shit!"
a man beside me jumped away from the rainwater a black van splashed in our direction and nearly pushed me to the ground. He didn't even apologize as he ran away with a drenched Newspaper over his head. Instead of the man the wave watered me and my baby blue sweater.
,,And again." I said slightly smiling as it reminded me of the rainy day nine months ago, where I wore the exact same sweater. Déjà-vu?
I think it was just my bad luck again.
I wasn't angry, I couldn't give the universe, god, or whatsoever the satisfaction.
I just found the sweater yesterday deep down in my small closet and of course, I wasn't able to wear it without ruining it again.

I searched for a spot, where I could stand away from the rain for a minute, to text Aunt Bonnie that I would be late.
There was a small niche right beside a closed coffee shop, not far away from where I was standing.
As I took out my phone, while walking over, I knew it was too late. The thick denim of my jean couldn't hold the unstoppable rain away from it.
,,And again, a rice bath for you Hunny." I said while shaking my head, thinking about this eventful day, definitely a good start into this month.
What a nice greeting September we're gonna be good friends for sure, I thought sarcastically.

I put my phone back into my back pocket and took a step forward onto the street again. Let's get to work.
A black van started it's motor right in front of me and soaked me. I looked up at the sky.
Wow not only once but twice!
Did you saw that paps?
They really love me up there huh?
I raised my shoulders and crossed my arms over my chest.
I decided that I won't like black vans anymore. As I started walking I felt the water in my shoes wetting my socks, what an amazing feeling.
I will definitely catch a cold.
Today was really not my best day.