Chapter 50

Your POV
I made my way over to Whitey. He hugged me tightly "Thank you, Darling. You saved me." "I'm a girl with a gun, I'll shoot if I have to." I told him. I help him back up "What was Bill doing out of the hospital? How did he even get out?" I asked him. Whitey shrugged "I don't know, he just appeared, out of nowhere." He tells me, "And he...said that I was the sheriff now." Whitey said quietly. I glared at him "But he's the Sheriff." I said. Whitey just looked at me, not saying another word. I quickly wrapped my arms around him "I'm so sorry." I whispered. He cried in the crook of my neck "I'm not ready yet. I can't be the sheriff." He said. I looked into his eyes "You'll be okay. I know you will." I told him. He shook his head "No, Bill...he-" He broke down and started to cry. I hugged him tightly again "We don't know what'll happen. He might survive." I tell him. He shook his head "His eyes closed when the nurses showed up." He tells me.
I cup his face in my hands "You don't know what happened after that. We will check on him tomorrow but first, we have to find Louise. If he's here that means she has to be here as well." I tell him. He sighs "He dumped her the second he came here.
He told me that back in the bar. He's dead now we aren't going to find her." He said. I heard coughs behind me "That's why I let him live." I said and turned around to Nolan. He laid on the ground, dying. I kneeled down next to him "Where's Louise?" I asked him. He chuckled quietly "You want to find that traitor?" He asked me. His voice was weak and quietly, it kind of hurt me to see him like this. He sat up slightly and leaned on his arms "Nolan, tell me where she is, please." I said quietly. He chuckled "You're such a softie." He said, "That's what your dad used to call you. He wasn't wrong." He said.
I put my hand over his wound "Tell us where she is-" "Then what? You'll let me live?" He asked. I didn't answer that question. He sighs "I don't regret anything, Y/n. I did what I thought was right even though I knew it was wrong." he tells me. I look at him "I know, you can still do the right thing. Tell us where she is." I say. He looks into my eyes "The abandoned building close to the river. Be careful, some of the guys might still be there." He tells me. I smile at him "Thank you." I say. He holds my hand "No, thank you." He said. "For what?" I asked him. I felt something press against my stomach "For revenge." He said and shot me...