9. *Number*

My inspiration for this chapter: "Go big or go home." You're welcome 😏

*JJ POV*

"Yo dude," John B calls out as he stumbles his way over to me, clearly drunk out of his mind. "This party is crazy!" He takes a seat on a camp chair beside me next to the fire. I pull the blunt from my lips and let out a long breath before offering it to JB, who of course declines my offer. I look around and John's right, the party is buzzing. Ki found this old house on the figure eight that hasn't been lived in for nearly ten years, and I of course said that sounds like the perfect spot for a party. There are people inside drinking and outside partying by the bonfire. There's even people swimming in the river out back. Pope had disappeared somewhere and Ki was on the other side of the fire talking some dudes ear off about horoscope shit, and of course I had a few people I was talking to but nothing that was necessarily keeping my attention. That was until John B roughly shook my shoulder.

"Yo, who's that?" He nods towards a girl who just sat down on a chair on the opposite side of the fire. The girl, clad in a leather jacket, black cropped shirt, and black ripped jeans, sipped casually from her red solo cup as she watched the fire flicker.

"I don't know, new chick?" I ask. John B smirks before he smacks my shoulder. "She's hot as fuck though."

"Bet you fifty bucks you can't get her number." He challenges.

"Oh yeah?" I stand up and take one last puff of my blunt. "Challenge accepted."

-

*Y/N POV*

"Hey there." A voice says as the person comes to sit next to me. I turn away from the fire to see a boy with blond hair sitting beside me. His blue eyes shining in the light of the flames.

"Hey." I respond. He looks me up and down before continuing the conversation.

"You new here or something? I don't think I've seen you around before." He asks as he eyes me again.

"Yeah, just moved here from Chicago." I drink the last of the alcohol in my cup and he tilts his head to the side before snapping his fingers, pointing finger guns at me.

"Well city girl, I think you could use a refill." He smirks as he smirks flirtatiously at me. I give him a quick laugh.

"I know what you're doing." I look down into my empty cup. " Your friend wasn't exactly quiet when he bet you to get my number." He looks down at his boots and laughs. "You can have my number, but I'm gonna make you work for it. You don't get something for nothing." I smirk.

"What was it that you had in mind?" He asks. In response I simply pass him my solo cup.

"Why don't we start with that refill you offered, and we'll go from there." He happily takes my cup and stands to go back into the house, where all of the alcohol is. He starts to walk off but he stops and turns back to me.

"You got a name city girl?" He asks.

"Y/N." I answer. " And you?"

"JJ." He smirks.

Eventually, JJ came back with my drink and he and I stayed by the fire talking for a while before I turned to him.

"You wanna go dance?" I ask as I stand up and hold my hand out for him to take.

"I'm not much of a dancer." He says. I drop my hand and shrug at him with a smirk.

"Okay, your loss." I start walking towards with a small sway in my step, knowing he's watching me. I make my way into the house and see all the people in the large living room dancing with a large speaker at the head of the room. I make my way into the crowd and begin to sway along with the music. I dance for a while but I stop when I notice a certain pair of blue eyes watching me. I smile as he makes his way over to me.